U.S. National Whitewater Center Loop

U.S. National Whitewater Center Loop is a 8.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Charlotte, North Carolina that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Note: There is a $6 entry fee at the gate.

Good training spot if you work on this side of Charlotte. During Summer, there are snakes in the middle of the trail sometimes.

I’m new to riding and stuck to the moderate trails. The trails were well maintained with a nice mix of hills, narrow spots, switchbacks, river views, etc. $6 to park and is a steal. Be sure to check their website before going as the trails are sometimes closed after rain. I will be going back.

I absolutely love riding at the whitewater center. These trails never bore me, even though I’m pretty sure I’ve covered almost every square inch of them by now. They do a great job of keeping them maintained and there’s nothing nicer to come off a great ride and grab a tall boy afterwards and sit by the water or stay a little later and listen to the live music.

Best place for trail running

$6 entry fee at the gate fully worth it. My Husband and I hiked the 3 mile green trail today. Lots of mountain bikers but all were respectful. We would move to the side to let them pass. Beautiful views and moderate hiking. Would do it every week if we were local. We highly recommend it. Good shoes and water a must!

Good intermediate trail and practice for some more challenging mountain rides. well maintained nice ride.

First there is more like 30 miles of trail built for mountainbiking. There are harder and easier trails as is is broken down by loop name. These trails existed before the WWC took over and were built by the Tarheel Trail Blazers Mountain Bike club. The WWC has improved the trails and added miles. Hiking and running allowed but don't wear headphones on mountainbike trails and keep in mind who built them, mountainbikers.

North main trail wasn't crowded, with beautiful views of the Catawba. Cross the little shaky bridge and walk left for a sweet little spot to sit on the rocks and enjoy the river view :)

it's a nice place but the $6 parking fee is ridiculous.

the trail I went on was definitely made for mountain bikes but I was fortunate to be the only one out there. crazy awesome place to trail run.

Great venue! You can spend all day there having a blast. The extensive running and biking trails are well kept and challenging. Traffic is heavy on the weekends, but a def spot to check out.

What a fun place to enjoy the entire day. We went on a Thursday and for the second whitewater trip we did a big water class 4. ZIp lines and multiple ropes coarse were awesome!

I would rate the trails higher, but can't. The USNWC may say the trails are for hiking and biking, but the trails are too narrow for both activities. Also, mountain bikers don't give any warning when they're coming up from behind to hikers or slower bikers. They just hope you hear them and get out of the way, which is hard to do on narrow trails or if you have headphones on. USNWC either needs to designate some trails are for mountain bikes and others are for hiking, make the trails wider (which I know is expensive and hard to do), or put up signs telling bikers to give warnings.

I was nearly ran over by several mtn bikers the other day, b/c they gave no warnings. Luckily, I heard them before it was too late.

Awesome day out with the family. Tracks were well groomed. The amount of mountain bikes was a bit of a minus because we have small kids, and saw one cyclist almost hit another family. :/ This is expected though, as the trails are marked for mixed use, and will not deter us from going again. The other small ding, was that the loopier trail was not clearly marked on all the forks. Otherwise, worth the 45 minute drive, and we will be back. (As a side, can't wait to get a babysitter, so we can try the other activities as well)

The Whitewater Center has a bunch of mountain biking trails to choose from ranging from beginner to expert. You only have to pay the parking fee and can roam on any of the trails you want for as long as you want. The trails are relatively smooth and fast with parts going in and out of the surrounding wooded areas. Really great place!

must do trail in charlotte

huge assortment of trails, plus everything else the white water center has to offer. You can easily spend a day hiking and rafting and have it fly by.

Monday, June 19, 2017

Nice trail, moderate as they say. I went the morning after a good rain ... trails were wet in spots and moist most of the trail, except for the sunny spots. Trails are heavily traveled and well marked. Nice upward elevations 3 miles in and throughout the hike. I think I measured 614 feet in elevation ... nice hike. I saw a couple of mountain bikers ... thought I was too wet for biking but oh well ... I didn't see anyone take a dive while out on the trail. The head of trail is adjacent to the Nat Whitewater Center, which has various activities going on. I haven't rode the water but thats next time : )

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Great trails and parking. Nice views. Very worth the trip.

Monday, April 24, 2017

Love this place.

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Did the lake loop which was beautiful. Would have given 5 stars but a section of the trail was under construction. Bought the annual parking pass for $40. No other cost for mountain biking.

Saturday, April 15, 2017

Great easy walk with my dog.

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

A nice section of the US National Whitewater Center near the Catawba River...overall it is a great place for all kinds of outdoor activities (rafting, kayaking, adventure courses/canopy tours, zip lining, rock wall climbing, mountain biking and hiking...with sixteen trails in all). There is a $5 day or $40 annual parking fee that lets you explore the facility and trails. There are passes for different activities and also season passes if you plan multiple return visits.

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

A wonderful place for all kinds of outdoor activities...rafting, kayaking, adventure courses/canopy tours, zip lining, rock wall climbing, mountain biking and hiking to name a few. There are sixteen trails in all. I combined parts of eight for an 8.1 mile track back in June (with one other trail completed later). It made for a fun and strenuous hike. There is a $5 day or $40 annual parking fee that lets you explore the facility and trails. There are passes for different activities and also season passes if you plan multiple return visits.

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Great place to ride or run! I've been going out there before the WWC opened and always enjoy it!

Friday, February 19, 2016

Great trails, better known as the US National Whitewater Center. Bring money to do other things after your ride.

Thursday, October 09, 2014

AKA, The U.S. National Whitewater Center and there is over 15 miles of single track mountain bike trails of varying degrees of difficulty, mostly blue square with moderate climbs and descents.

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Great moderate hike with well marked trails and half-mile markers. Lots of small hills and constant view of water.

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Went mtb over 6 years ago here, but now i heard u have to pay 10 bucks just to bike.

Saturday, May 11, 2013

I got to go twice, wish it was still open