The U.S. National Whitewater Center

The U.S. National Whitewater Center is a 9.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Charlotte, North Carolina that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great venue! You can spend all day there having a blast. The extensive running and biking trails are well kept and challenging. Traffic is heavy on the weekends, but a def spot to check out.

What a fun place to enjoy the entire day. We went on a Thursday and for the second whitewater trip we did a big water class 4. ZIp lines and multiple ropes coarse were awesome!

I would rate the trails higher, but can't. The USNWC may say the trails are for hiking and biking, but the trails are too narrow for both activities. Also, mountain bikers don't give any warning when they're coming up from behind to hikers or slower bikers. They just hope you hear them and get out of the way, which is hard to do on narrow trails or if you have headphones on. USNWC either needs to designate some trails are for mountain bikes and others are for hiking, make the trails wider (which I know is expensive and hard to do), or put up signs telling bikers to give warnings.

I was nearly ran over by several mtn bikers the other day, b/c they gave no warnings. Luckily, I heard them before it was too late.

Awesome day out with the family. Tracks were well groomed. The amount of mountain bikes was a bit of a minus because we have small kids, and saw one cyclist almost hit another family. :/ This is expected though, as the trails are marked for mixed use, and will not deter us from going again. The other small ding, was that the loopier trail was not clearly marked on all the forks. Otherwise, worth the 45 minute drive, and we will be back. (As a side, can't wait to get a babysitter, so we can try the other activities as well)

The Whitewater Center has a bunch of mountain biking trails to choose from ranging from beginner to expert. You only have to pay the parking fee and can roam on any of the trails you want for as long as you want. The trails are relatively smooth and fast with parts going in and out of the surrounding wooded areas. Really great place!

huge assortment of trails, plus everything else the white water center has to offer. You can easily spend a day hiking and rafting and have it fly by.

Nice trail, moderate as they say. I went the morning after a good rain ... trails were wet in spots and moist most of the trail, except for the sunny spots. Trails are heavily traveled and well marked. Nice upward elevations 3 miles in and throughout the hike. I think I measured 614 feet in elevation ... nice hike. I saw a couple of mountain bikers ... thought I was too wet for biking but oh well ... I didn't see anyone take a dive while out on the trail. The head of trail is adjacent to the Nat Whitewater Center, which has various activities going on. I haven't rode the water but thats next time : )

Great trails and parking. Nice views. Very worth the trip.

Love this place.

Did the lake loop which was beautiful. Would have given 5 stars but a section of the trail was under construction. Bought the annual parking pass for $40. No other cost for mountain biking.

Great easy walk with my dog.

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

A wonderful place for all kinds of outdoor activities...rafting, kayaking, adventure courses/canopy tours, zip lining, rock wall climbing, mountain biking and hiking to name a few. There are sixteen trails in all. I combined parts of eight for an 8.1 mile track back in June (with one other trail completed later). It made for a fun and strenuous hike. There is a $5 day or $40 annual parking fee that lets you explore the facility and trails. There are passes for different activities and also season passes if you plan multiple return visits.

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Great place to ride or run! I've been going out there before the WWC opened and always enjoy it!

Thursday, October 09, 2014

AKA, The U.S. National Whitewater Center and there is over 15 miles of single track mountain bike trails of varying degrees of difficulty, mostly blue square with moderate climbs and descents.

Wednesday, January 09, 2013