Sugarloaf Trail

Sugarloaf Trail is a 3.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Carolina Beach, North Carolina that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Mostly flat coastal trail. Well maintained and marked.

easy on the knees, amazing views! get there before 9am on a weekday and you're basically alone.

Awesome. Very well marked

Nice level hiking

Tip: choose to go left first. This way, you will be rewarded with the best things to see at the end of your loop.
I enjoy this walk. I walk it a few times/year. There are some puddles areas of it's rained recently. Other than that, it's a good stroll through the woods in a nice coastal environment!

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

I have lived in the area for 27 years and this is the 1st time I have walked some of the trails. It's the island so not much elevation change. I went to find somewhere to get me in nature and start preparing for treks on the App Trail. You will see me out there alot.

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

This trail has some pretty sights. It's a very easy loop. I did this for my morning coffee walk and it was very enjoyable.

Friday, February 19, 2016

Like everyone has said, not much more than a walk in the woods, but it is really great. Hiking along the shore is awesome and the pup loves it.

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Very chill and relaxing but totally gorgeous. Surrounded by water and sand which made a great recipe for collecting thoughts and reflecting.

Friday, January 22, 2016

Like others have said....."only trail in New Hanover", so yes it's nothing more than a "stroll thru the woods" but it is beautiful! I'm a dog owner/lover, and I do agree...... Too many dogs on the trail! And by this, I am targeting "Un-Chained" dogs. Listen, I love my dog, and wish I could let my female Aussie loose too, but just because she doesn't bother me, doesn't mean she isn't bothering the family "around the bend" or the elderly couple concentrating on not tripping in the roots. People..... Please..... Use a leash! There is a time, and place to let them run, but on public trails isn't the prime place!
Other than that, trails are clean, well manicured, and well marked! I just want some ELEVATION!

Thursday, September 03, 2015