This trail is heartbreaking. Here’s why:
The trail is gorgeous. The waterfalls are beautiful, and you’re almost always next to a river.

The things that kill it are (1) this trail desperately needs to be remarked. There are unofficial trails and camping spots everywhere. Also, there are tons of stream crossings so you spend a lot of time asking “Is this the trail or is that? Do we cross the stream? Can you see the trail on the other side? I wish there were signs or blazes.” (2) the upper trail along the ridge is not maintained and was overgrown with blackberry briars so we ended up seriously concerned we had lost the trail and the briars tore us up pretty well. (3) Finally, the trail is dirty. There is trash and equipment abandoned in a lot of the camp spots. Traps tied up in trees, beat up cooking equipment, broken folding chairs, cooking supplies and your standard trash.

I think this place could be great. It needs some love for sure. If you decide to do it, I would skip the ridge trail, take a GOOD map (topography), compass, plenty of supplies in case you get lost or have to backtrack, and stream crossing shoes. The waterfalls really are amazing!