Snowball Trail

Snowball Trail is a 4.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Weaverville, North Carolina that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Challenging trail but some pretty views.

Nice Trail, well kept with some wonderful views at the end. Couple nice rock scrambles that were not hard but fun.

A lot of up and down on this trail. you lose the trail about 3 miles in because it goes up a rock face with no markers. At the top, go to the left over the rock to Hawkbill Rock. It's the highlight of the trail.

This is a nice little trail. Not well-known - I asked around. It's a great workout and took only about an hour and 15 minutes. I only climbed to the second summit then returned. Nice views. No water. Not too rocky but steep in some spots and could be slippery after a rain. I hiked with my dog and we were the only ones on the trail and in the parking area.

The view from Hawkshill is gorgeous however the trail here continues down the mountain another .5 miles or so to absolutely nothing but forest and it terminates in the middle of the trail. I had service so I could see I was on the proper trail. I imagine at some point way away it may summit again but not according to this trail. 4 stars for annoy to miss view but 1 star or less for the navigation.

Great day hike with nice views

Beautiful and fun trail! We hiked to the first summit, then down a little further and came back. Great workout, beautiful flowers and views through the clearings. Park at the circular patch of grass right before the access road to Craggy Gardens picnic area. The trail goes up on the left, with the access road on your right. You will quickly reach a fork in the path and you will keep right for Snowball. Would recommend and we will definitely hike it again!!

Friday, November 04, 2016