Sherman Branch Trail

Sherman Branch Trail is a 8.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Charlotte, North Carolina that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is a clockwise loop of singletrack trails. Great for geared XC bikes and single-speed.

This is my new favorite MTB trail. A local employee at a bike shop near by recommended this trail to me. It was a blast, I mainlu rode the "yellow" trail. Which was near a total of 7 miles, i didnt ride the whole yellow trail due to time (if you need to get back to the parking area and dont want to go through the whole trail, take the emergency exit, or the red trail). Even though this trail was over an hour from where i live, it is deffinitly worth the drive. i recommend having some experience with MTB before riding this trail. Also very well maintained and marked!
there are also jumps and obstacles that may be difficult for some people, so if you dont want to do it, there are small trails that go around the obstacles.

Great park for speed ride

Wednesday, March 01, 2017

One of my favorite places to Mtn bike in Charlotte area

Sunday, January 15, 2017

Sunday, November 06, 2016

Good for cycling, jogging, walking. No baby strollers.

Saturday, October 29, 2016

very challenging but lots of fun!

Saturday, October 22, 2016

Very fun ride! Not too easy, but still a great workout

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Awesome biking trail!

Saturday, June 11, 2016

One of the best in the Charlotte area… great place!

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Very fun but lots of uphill rides

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Beautiful trail and very well kept. Its one of the nicest trails in Charlotte by far, nice flow, sweet curves. I can't wait to go back ! Hats off to Tarhills !!!!!

Saturday, April 16, 2016

Yes this is a bike only trail.

Monday, March 07, 2016

good place to ride not good for first on any mountain bike trail

Sunday, February 14, 2016

This is a bike trail only, hiking is permitted but it's basically a walk in the park.

Friday, December 04, 2015

******* awesome

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

I went for a hike with my dogs. They loved it! The trees are beautiful even in winter but these trails are made mainly for bikers. Still a great experience.

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Solid trail for mountain biking. Lots of variety in terms of features. Intermediate or above skill level.

Sunday, February 08, 2015

Mainly for cyclists but still a nice hike.

Saturday, April 26, 2014

What a great place to hike!!! Make sure that you start your hike in the far right trail by the porta potty so that you're hiking against bike traffic.

Saturday, June 29, 2013

I'm a beginner so I'm still getting the hang of trail riding. The trails are narrow and challenging for a newbie however I had a ball. I went out on late Friday morning after it had opened from the rain. I had the trail to myself so it was a good opportunity to learn a little. finely got to break in my new bike. Thanks trailblazer team for a great park.

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Nice ride, but not difficult by any sense of the word. Lots of sand, some good twists and turns. The 'expert' trail is mostly just 'moderate' with a 20' section of uphill difficulty. All said-- it's a good ride and pretty close which helps me like it more.

Monday, April 15, 2013

Pretty fun obstacles good track for speed and very demanding 29 ers seem to reign supreme out here my remedy 8 got passed by a hard tail 29 er. The roller coaster is a hell of a thrill, good little drops and nice log jumps only complain is the table tops need better lips on them takes good speed and a lotta preload to get the air I wanted

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Trail was OK for hiking but was def meant for mountain biking. Not at all a moderate hike i would rate it as easy personally. The trail itself winds around a lot and you end up doing a lot of backtracking on everything you have already seen. There was not much scenery other than the usual trees and I did not see much wildlife. Part of the trails come close to a housing complex which makes it lose a lot of its natural setting. I would go back again but would most def take my bike with me instead of a pair of hiking boots.

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Trail dominated by bikers. Hiking was only OK, because I was constantly having to get out of the way of bikers. Very little wildlife, but did see a red-shouldered hawk.

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

love this park!

Monday, October 15, 2012

My 2nd time out and did the yellow trail + lake loop. Lots of fun and challenging for a newbie. Will be back!

Monday, October 08, 2012

Fast with great flow, something for everyone.

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Hiked the main loop with my two dogs on leashes. The trail is set up mainly for biking with a lot of interesting jumps and bridges. As it turns out, these features make for some fun impromptu dog agility obstacles! We hiked on a Saturday afternoon and it was not crowded at all. Those biking the trail were friendly and accommodating. The trail is very well marked.

Sunday, August 05, 2012

Hit these trails today and they were amazing. Depending on you choice of trail or trails you could do about 2- 12 miles. I road red rollacoster with blue pond trails and yellow main. Really good trails and there were also a great vibe with other bikers. If your a beginner you might want to stick to yellow main trails.