Schoolhouse Falls, Little Green Mountain, Greenland Creek Falls Trails Loop

Schoolhouse Falls, Little Green Mountain, Greenland Creek Falls Trails Loop is a 5.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Glenville, North Carolina that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 5.6 miles Elevation Gain: 764 feet Route Type: Loop

rock climbing

Off the beaten path trail with views and waterfalls.

Nice falls and about 15 ppl there at any given time. Water was freezing (May 26) but managed to make it waist deep briefly. Shortcuts can make the walk to falls really quick.

Grear trail with a lot of spots to swim and camp. But the trail was kinda confusing at times. There were many off trail short cuts . Overall easy trail and fun

This is a great hike! Had beautiful falls and great mountain views.

really short if you want it to be. found a cut through a Roadabenroum forest

bridge out

Indeed jfjddjrtiitbdefij kidsknitinbiji

This hiking trail offers a little bit of everything from waterfalls to scenic views. One the return route I enjoyed the pine forests that we hiked through. Two things to be aware of - the trails are not marked well, except at intersections. I've hiked in the forest several times and we've often found ourselves off the trail. Be sue to take a map or use GPS. Also, the trail can be muddy, especially after a lot of rain. We didn't wear our waterproof hiking boots and ended up with damp feet. Otherwise, this was a great afternoon hike.

A truly beautiful hike to Tranquility Point on Little Green Mountain! Lots of ways to get lost though! Make sure you download a map and know which ways you are going. Beautiful fall foliage right now also!

Panthertown is covered in intersecting trails, so have a map or this app ready for reference. The trail itself is a wide road until you reach the intersection at the beginning of the loop. We went right first. The trail was super muddy and waterlogged, so wear your waterproof shoes. Once on top of Little Green, the views are amazing! Exposed rock, heather and moss, and views for miles make it worth the uphill trek. It’s a great place to stop and take a water break. Once you’re at the bottom of the loop, the fall is right there with a large pool for you to swim/wade in. Be mindful of dogs and horses on this trail, and other campers. Overall, it was super fun and would definitely go back. I’d recommend it for the intermediate hiker.

Fantastic.

You get to see waterfalls and views of Panthertown Valley on this trail. The hardest part of the trail was the climb to the summit of Little Green Mountain after Schoolhouse Falls, but it really wasn't too tough. My only complaint is that it's really easy to wander off the main trail on the summit since it's not marked well. Watch for a couple of white arrows on the granite and green trail blaze markers. Using this app definitely helped guide me back on track. Depending on how much rain has fallen recently, parts of the trail near Greenland Creek could be muddy. A water crossing at Greenland Creek was shin deep when I went.

I thought this was the best trail in the area. Went early on a weekday and there were no other hikers on the trail though there were MANY on Panthertown Valley trail on the way back

Panthertown is my home and is run by a great conservation group. This is a beautiful waterfall and swimming hole. Don't be afraid to get your paws wet. I took a guided hike led by the conservation group. A little steep in a few spots for my over the hill owners. They just took their time and stopped to breath a lot. The rest of the group had no problems. Those young bucks. Dog friendly. Enjoy. Five woofs!

Wednesday, May 02, 2018

Mostly uphill. Trails are not clearly marked so it's easy to get confused. Trail had lots of tree stumps and rocks. Great bathing area for dogs and kids once you get to the Schoolhouse Waterfall. Not a huge summit but a great place to hike to just for the view.

Friday, March 09, 2018

Ended up doing this trail by accident... but so happy we did! We went around to Little Green summit first and then down to the falls. The trail was definitely easy going for the first 3+ miles. A nice/steep climb to the top and then some AMAZING views. Got a little turned around on the summit thanks to some careless wandering but never got too far off path. The entire 4 hours we were in the area we only saw 4 other groups of people which made the experience even more perfect. Can't wait to come back for a weekend of camping/hiking.

Saturday, October 14, 2017

has everything: falls, steep hike, cliff walking, wet swampy areas, and lots of leaves. got lost a couple times. this app really helped.

Saturday, September 02, 2017

Great trail. If it weren't for the muddy trail and sparse trail markers, we would definitely have rated it a 5.

Monday, July 03, 2017

Good hike to schoolhouse falls, there are two muddy portions, expect your hiking shoes to get dirty. I'd recommend going the extra half mile from schoolhouse falls to the top of green mountain for a great view. To the top of green mountain and back to the trailhead is 4 miles. My 11 year old daughter did the hike no problem. The falls makes a good swimming spot. Enjoy!

Saturday, June 10, 2017

Can you hunt small game?

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Great hike, and worth the view from the top.

Thursday, May 25, 2017

One of my favorites :) Hiking up to Little Green Mountain isn't always easy but SO worth it!

Saturday, February 11, 2017

amazing

Thursday, February 02, 2017

I wouldn't have really considered this to be that difficult of a hike depending on which way you go. But if you hike to just the falls it's easy. The falls was the best thing honestly.

Friday, December 02, 2016

Absolutely my favorite place to hike! There are plenty of trails to explore here. I do recommend bringing some trail markers, because not all the trails are marked and it is sometimes difficult to find the way back.

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Huge variety of trial types, from mountain top views, waterfalls, and trail difficulty. The many trails offer you the ability to combo them to custom your hiking experience. The trails are also marked at the beginning of the trail ends with numbers that make navigation easy as long as you have a map. No maps are offered at trail head in parking lot so we had to take a picture with our phones.

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

I love this place. This was the first time I've been there when it was warm. We usually go in November. Can't wait to go back

Saturday, July 25, 2015

This hike has a little bit of everything. I really love the variety of this hike and all the paths off the trail that you are able to take. Print out a copy or save the PDF of the trail on your phone, it is easy to get lost.

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Know how to read a map and go early, if you don't intend to camp. Then enjoy all you see and discover!!

Monday, October 13, 2014

An amazing place with great campsites, hiking and views. Take a map, take your time and don't over look the trip up to High Bethel. Definitely worth every effort.