Salem Lake Trail

Salem Lake Trail is a 6.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Winston-Salem, North Carolina that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Parking lot on both ends of the lake. Better of the two is on Linville Rd.

great surface to walk on. nice clean restrooms.

Lovely bike train and it is for the most part shaded, loved biking along the lake for the entire ride. Kids loved it, saw wild bird, water snakes and turtles, fish and many happy faces enjoying the outdoors.

One of the best trails for any length of run. Soft surface full loop 7 miles, with markers along the way. Not super hilly however it’s definitely not pancake flat.

I think you can see good wildlife at Salem Lake and good trails and great for bikers hikers dogs and more great stuff at Salem Lake

I don't personally like this trail due to how heavily trafficked it is but I do believe it is a great place for dogs, children, or running. It is very easy regardless of the length you travel

Today was my first time running the Salem Lake Trail. It's great for running if you need a break from tripping on roots. I parked at the access off Linville and was pleased that they have clean, functioning restrooms there. Bikers, walkers and runners on the trail but it wasn't packed. Everyone seemed considerate of each other and I will definitely go back. Loved being able to run being surrounded by nature but also having a more groomed trail (crushed gravel) which allowed me to listen to music for once. Hardly any traffic noise. For a city park, great peace with distance.

Amazing, easy running trail. Winston-Salem parks department keeps this trail in great shape. I’ve lost track of the number of times of I’ve run this trail.

Peaceful and serene. It's like heading out to the mountains without actually having to drive to the mountains. This is my favorite place to jog in Winston. It's also fun (and rewarding) to bime the Greenway from downtown to the lake, even on my road bike. (I hear there are a lot of great mountain biking trails around the lake, too).

a local favorite. great for biking, jogging, or just a walk.

Great well maintained trail.

Nice trail..very fast. Beautiful lake..nice that you guys have trash cans along the trail..i wish Greensboro had them..but we can only afford an image consultant for the Mayor. Worth the drive for the walk..great job!!

What a beautiful and well maintained trail with a view of the lake for the entire 7 miles! One of my favorites!

Nice trail for a two hour walk around the lake.

Beautiful paths mostly covered by trees, great for a warmer day.

stays along lake the entire trail. lots of shade, great for hot sunny days.

LOVE IT

nice trail!

Good track for consistency....

Sunday, May 14, 2017

This is a nice hike with a wide trail.... the wildlife captures were great!

Friday, April 14, 2017

My family and I really enjoy this trail. I wouldn't really consider it a "hike" it's mostly flat, with some hills. Perfect for bikes. The trail is wide and easy to maneuver a double jogging stroller also. You can't beat the view either!

Friday, April 14, 2017

7 mile loop is defiantly longer than it sounds. The whole trail is pretty much flat with sandy gravel, with the exception of a few hills here and there. Very pretty views of the lake and some wildlife. NO RESTROOMS anywhere on the 7 mile loop.

Thursday, April 06, 2017

Been here multiple times but wouldn't consider this a "hike" trail for it's mostly flat pathway. Many runners and bikers, can become crowded at times but the view is pretty. Also can't stress the bikers enough.

Monday, February 20, 2017

A lovely yet challenging trail. I've run portions of it but this was the first time I'd biked around the whole thing. It was a great workout and the scenery can't be beat!

Sunday, January 08, 2017

I run this trail 5-6 days a week. It has some hills and can be difficult at times. I love it so much because the view of the lake is beautiful, I enjoy seeing the wildlife (If you get there early enough, I have seen lots of deer), and ifs quiet for the most part. I just wish people paid attention to the traffic pattern of the trail. That only really bothers me during the warmer months when more people are at the park.

Friday, December 30, 2016

nice water views. seemed like 70 miles for some reason.

Thursday, November 03, 2016

so pretty. Lake looks like glass! 7 mls is long for my dogs.

Thursday, October 20, 2016

Nice double track that is mostly flat. Usually well maintained and not very crowded during the week

Saturday, October 15, 2016

A very well maintained seven mile loop around a beautiful lake not far from downtown Winston-Salem. It is a great trail for a morning workout, with wonderful water views all the way.

Sunday, October 02, 2016

Well kept and easy enough for a beginner like me to finish it even with sore feet.