Salem Lake Trail

Salem Lake Trail is a 7.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Winston-Salem, North Carolina that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Parking lot on both ends of the lake. Better of the two is on Linville Rd.

Good track for consistency....

This is a nice hike with a wide trail.... the wildlife captures were great!

My family and I really enjoy this trail. I wouldn't really consider it a "hike" it's mostly flat, with some hills. Perfect for bikes. The trail is wide and easy to maneuver a double jogging stroller also. You can't beat the view either!

7 mile loop is defiantly longer than it sounds. The whole trail is pretty much flat with sandy gravel, with the exception of a few hills here and there. Very pretty views of the lake and some wildlife. NO RESTROOMS anywhere on the 7 mile loop.

Been here multiple times but wouldn't consider this a "hike" trail for it's mostly flat pathway. Many runners and bikers, can become crowded at times but the view is pretty. Also can't stress the bikers enough.

A lovely yet challenging trail. I've run portions of it but this was the first time I'd biked around the whole thing. It was a great workout and the scenery can't be beat!

I run this trail 5-6 days a week. It has some hills and can be difficult at times. I love it so much because the view of the lake is beautiful, I enjoy seeing the wildlife (If you get there early enough, I have seen lots of deer), and ifs quiet for the most part. I just wish people paid attention to the traffic pattern of the trail. That only really bothers me during the warmer months when more people are at the park.

nice water views. seemed like 70 miles for some reason.

so pretty. Lake looks like glass! 7 mls is long for my dogs.