Salem Lake Trail

Salem Lake Trail is a 7.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Winston-Salem, North Carolina that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Parking lot on both ends of the lake. Better of the two is on Linville Rd.

A lovely yet challenging trail. I've run portions of it but this was the first time I'd biked around the whole thing. It was a great workout and the scenery can't be beat!

I run this trail 5-6 days a week. It has some hills and can be difficult at times. I love it so much because the view of the lake is beautiful, I enjoy seeing the wildlife (If you get there early enough, I have seen lots of deer), and ifs quiet for the most part. I just wish people paid attention to the traffic pattern of the trail. That only really bothers me during the warmer months when more people are at the park.

nice water views. seemed like 70 miles for some reason.

so pretty. Lake looks like glass! 7 mls is long for my dogs.

Nice double track that is mostly flat. Usually well maintained and not very crowded during the week

A very well maintained seven mile loop around a beautiful lake not far from downtown Winston-Salem. It is a great trail for a morning workout, with wonderful water views all the way.

Well kept and easy enough for a beginner like me to finish it even with sore feet.

love this trail. beautiful trail, lots of nature.

Wonderful trail for walking, running and biking. Lots of trees and along the water.