Rough Ridge

Rough Ridge is a 2.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Blowing Rock, North Carolina that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking.

Rough Ridge is now a favorite hike of mine. My sister and I hiked it 3 days ago. It is a great hike that can challenge the hiker to be sure-footed. Probably 85% of the trail is stones which to me was a lot of fun. I am 59 years old and it was a great work out. We saw many others who were much older than us thoroughly enjoying the hike. The hike is worth the climb as there are a few stops along the way where you can walk out onto boulders and drink into the beautiful views. At the top, we laid on the boulder and looked out at mountains for as far as the eye can see. This hike is great exercise and the rewards are the views in all directions. This is a hike I will repeat.

Great trail, busy and wet, definitely a rough trail but us and the dogs loved it - the most stunning fall views

Amazing views. Can be very crowded depending on the day. Make sure to hike the entirety of the trail!

Nice views of Grandfather Mountain, Linville and Price Lake area. Fyi: There are a few different points of entry to the trail including one by mile marker 303 on Blue Ridge Parkway, Wilson Creek Parking and Price Lake. Great vistas from the two benches above mile marker 303. Agree with everyone re wearing hiking shoes on the rock/roots trail. Enjoy!

Great views, moderate trail! One of the most popular in the area for college students

Great hike. Great workout. Rocky trail and skinny trail. Wet spots on the trail are a constant but small and manageable unless it starts pouring rain. I recommend hiking boots for traction purposes.

Great views.

A good tip is to hike up Rough Ridge trail and down Wilson Creek trail. Then you can thumb a ride back to your car or hike it. Make sure to pick a sunny day for the views

Amazing views. Appropriate even for young kids (our youngest was 8).