Roanoke Canal Trail

Roanoke Canal Trail is a 14.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Weldon, North Carolina that features a river. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Great trail flat and easy! I initially followed the AllTrails directions lead me to a trailer park. Then I followed directions towards Roanoke Canal Museum - lead me right to trail. I followed the trail across the street from the gas station towards the aqueduct. I ran 4 miles out and back. About the first .5 miles of the trail was open majority of the rest was shaded. Totally recommend!

It was a bit out of the way but it was worth it. It's a pretty easy trail. Not paved, but easy to walk at a steady pace. Lots of places to wander off the path and benches to take a moment and enjoy your surroundings. I went on Easter Sunday and only encountered two other people there. Would do it again and maybe bring a bike!

Saturday, July 18, 2015

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Friday, October 03, 2014

Fun little trail. Mostly flat, good views of the river and a cool aqueduct. Nice scenery, I take my dog with me.

Saturday, May 18, 2013