Roanoke Canal Trail

Roanoke Canal Trail is a 14.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Weldon, North Carolina that features a river. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

This is not dog friendly!!

Easy trail. Clean path. Could use better markers at road crossings. Good for any skill level.

Great trail flat and easy! I initially followed the AllTrails directions lead me to a trailer park. Then I followed directions towards Roanoke Canal Museum - lead me right to trail. I followed the trail across the street from the gas station towards the aqueduct. I ran 4 miles out and back. About the first .5 miles of the trail was open majority of the rest was shaded. Totally recommend!

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

It was a bit out of the way but it was worth it. It's a pretty easy trail. Not paved, but easy to walk at a steady pace. Lots of places to wander off the path and benches to take a moment and enjoy your surroundings. I went on Easter Sunday and only encountered two other people there. Would do it again and maybe bring a bike!

Friday, October 03, 2014

Fun little trail. Mostly flat, good views of the river and a cool aqueduct. Nice scenery, I take my dog with me.

Saturday, July 18, 2015