Reedy Creek Nature Preserve Trail

Reedy Creek Nature Preserve Trail is a 3.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Charlotte, North Carolina that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Urban Park. Stroll in the woods. Adjacent is a disc golf course.

Very easy which is why I can’t bring myself to call what we did hiking. Not much to see along the way. Very poorly marked. Great for beginners, small kids but don’t expect to be wowed.

Awesome trail! Great for kids. I will be coming back!

Sunday, July 23, 2017

beautiful and loved the 18 hole disc golf Trail

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

We got a trail map in the nature center... It is also available online. The person working the desk helped us decide how to combine the trails into a 3 to 4 mile hike. We set up our hammocks by the pond... Great day!

Monday, February 27, 2017

Good, wide trails with plenty of scenery. With the kid center close by there is something for everyone.

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Visited for the first time today and I have nothing negative to say! There's a basketball and volleyball court, a baseball and soccer field, a dog park, playgrounds, picnic areas, and of course many different hiking trails. I hiked a few miles today and it was very pleasant. Definitely will be visiting again soon.

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Be sure to get a map of all the trails and take some of the rarely used trails for a real wilderness feel.

Sunday, October 09, 2016

not clearly marked trail.

Saturday, October 01, 2016

A great moderate hike, such a pretty park right in the city!!!

Wednesday, September 07, 2016

Nice easy beginner trail. Not sure why it is rated moderate? Cool get away in a big city.

Sunday, September 04, 2016

Nice trail, but definitely need to be marked better. No trail maps provided either

Saturday, August 20, 2016

Great gem close to the city

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Walked this trail and took fork to Robison Rock House Ruins. Great hike, but watch for snakes. Was sitting on a rock, thought I had looked and a copperhead was nearby. According to nature center the ruins are a hot spot for them, which makes total sense with the number of hidey holes! Gorgeous views and is a nice place to hike in summer, since the canopy keeps the trail cooler than in sunshine.

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Really easy trail. There aren't much incline so if you want just a long trail without having to go up high, this trail is for you. There's also a nice area to fish if you are into that.

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Fun easy hike

Wednesday, March 09, 2016

It was nice! A lot of trails to pick from and a lot of activities to pick from if you don't like hiking. Only problem is trail were not well marked.

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

The system of trails at Reedy Creek allows one to hike many more miles than described above. I hiked 5 miles on a moderate trail. This parks has lots to offer.

Friday, June 26, 2015

Great walk/hike. The hardest trails are not that difficult with small changes in elevation. There's multiple trails here that one can do. Trails are not real busy.

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Good easy close by hike.

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Nice park in north part of Charlotte/Meck, has a dog park, soccer fields, pond etc. Basic hiking trails through nicely wooded areas. Have visited here many times with my dog, and invariably run across those people that don't get it. Dogs can be off their leash in the dog park, but need to be on their leashes outside of the fences! I ithink perhaps I am going to put a leash around the next obtuse dog owner we run in to ;+)

Monday, November 25, 2013

Awesome park! I go a few times a month with my dogs. They have disk golf as well as play grounds and covered shelters. It can be easy to get lost in the trials but it all goes back to the same place so you just have to keep walking. Still a good park the trails are nice as well.

Monday, September 24, 2012

Easy trail. Good for families with kids.

Saturday, June 09, 2012

It wasn't the quiet peaceful nature hike I hoped for, but once I made it into the back trails I did have a good walk and saw a nice sized black rat snake among other things.

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Mostly wooded trails ,some small waterways, all very easy walking. Some picnic areas and the restroom. Not my first selection for a park or hiking.