Red to Green Trail

Red to Green Trail is a 3.1 mile loop trail located near Stony Point, North Carolina that features a river. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Every time we go we take a different trail and we have enjoyed every one of them!

Great hike

I’ll do it again Enjoyed it

Nice trails. Staff is unfriendly to dogs.

Took the family for our first “hiking” trip, including two dogs. Nice clean trains, wide paths and not strenuous at all.

Great place to walk your dog

Sunday, May 07, 2017

nice park

Sunday, April 02, 2017

Clearly marked trails! Awesome view of Oxford Dam and nice walk along the Catawba River! ❤

Wednesday, February 08, 2017

Pretty forest setting. Well marked trails

Saturday, January 28, 2017

The staff was very helpful. We tried the red trail. It was beautiful seeing the river. We will be back soon to try the other trails.

Monday, November 07, 2016

I did the lower hike along the river with my 3 and year old. They loved it. Very family friendly. We were able to see several birds and even some large turtles sunning on some rocks just in the river

Thursday, October 27, 2016

Very good trails for mainly running or speed walking a little bland if your going just for scenery. I can't get over the old women saying it's creepy and not to go alone lol ain't no one checking out some old single mom dud. This is a risk you take at ANY park.

Saturday, October 01, 2016

Really well maintained trails and pretty easy.

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Lots of choices (if you're running late or a kid gets fussy you can shorten the route), and extremely well marked.

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Trails were clear. Not much scenery, but the park is close to home and was easy to do with my daughter.

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Love the scenery. Trails are pretty easy.

Saturday, January 09, 2016

Nice trails. Nice woodland scenery and river views from trail. Several trails to choose from. And it is close to where I live.

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Not much scenery but close to home and a nice walk

Sunday, June 23, 2013

I love going here. The trails are fairly well maintained though I haven't walked all of them. I usually do the red trail. I have never felt uncomfortable there though I have a dog with me. They are closed tues wed and thurs.

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Always our favorite go to trail..Very close to us and very well maintained. If you start on red behind the ranger's station and go all the outer loops you have almost 5.25 miles. I have found that is the best route. A good workout and not very strenuous.

Thursday, July 19, 2012

I take my son there to fish and walk around. even on the days we don't catch anything its still fun! You cannot go out into the river much because of the dam and the current is quite brisk. Stay close to shore and have fun! They are closed some during the week so check the website.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Nice quiet place to hike but it is a little secluded so I wouldn't recommend doing it alone. It's got some nice scenery to look at since part of it goes by a river. I think the trail we took was about 4 miles long so it's a good distance. Not too long but not too short either. It took about 2 hours to complete. There are a few hills but not very strenuous.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Checked out this park a couple time a few years ago. Once with a 4-H group of kids, which was ok. A park ranger led the walk and pointed out wildlife and natural points of interest. When again with just my daughter and got a little creeped out. It was very vast and secluded and really not a comfortable place to find your self alone with a small child. I heard that there have been several close calls with drowning in the river there, the dam opens up and floods the river so it is very dangerous to wade in. The last few times I have driven by the park has been closed. dont know if this a permant thing or what?? call ahead.