Raven Rock Loop Trail

Raven Rock Loop Trail is a 2.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Lillington, North Carolina that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Lillington, NC: Raven Rock State Park is located in Harnett County, 6 miles west of Lillington and 20 miles east of Sanford. Turn off US 421 and follow Raven Rock Road for 3 miles to the park entrance. Park in the first lot after the entrance. Trail begins on east side of lot.

Great short hike for a family. I did this trail with my three year old. She hiked pretty much the whole trail, except for about 5 minutes that I carried her. The trail is very well marked. The terrain is rocky in some parts, you'll be stepping over tree roots at other spots but the look from the overlook is absolutely worth it. The overlook is smaller than I had imagined but we got there at a good time so it wasn't packed with other hikers. An overlook with plenty of potential for some great family portraits. There's little creeks along the trail where the little ones can throw rocks. With my 3 year old slowing us down a bit, we finished the trail in 2 hours but you can absolutely complete this trail in one hour.

Good trail. Pretty easy. Trail and overlook/Raven Rock area can get somewhat crowded if you're looking for something more serene. Set of steep stairs down to the rocks. Manageable but just in case you want to know beforehand.

Great trail, easy hike, good views. We took our little ones, 4 and 6, they had no trouble at all.

I love Raven Rock

Very nice, easy trail. Raven Rock is a uniquely beautiful sight to see.

Great time with my husband! Saw ranger before we left the parking lot. he was so kind, gave us a map that showed the trails that were closed and made recommendations. so kind! went back to thank him after :) perfect day in NC

Very nice trails, but some are still closed due to hurricane damage. Will be doing it again soon.

Good trail for running easy climbs and descents. Adding it to the Campbell Loop Trail and all the off-shoot trails makes for a fun 10ish miles of trail running.