Raven Rock Loop Trail

Raven Rock Loop Trail is a 2.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Lillington, North Carolina that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Lillington, NC: Raven Rock State Park is located in Harnett County, 6 miles west of Lillington and 20 miles east of Sanford. Turn off US 421 and follow Raven Rock Road for 3 miles to the park entrance. Park in the first lot after the entrance. Trail begins on east side of lot.

Lovely rocks!

Beautiful! Easy trail a bit harder for younger kids but works out because at the end there is a place to jump into the river. If you are looking for some fitness and fun for the summer time this is perfect and if you are just looking to get some good cardio in or nature appreciation then this is perfect.

Great trail and view!

Great day hike and good to start conditioning. It’s just a little out in the middle of no where.

Great place for a run alone or in a group. Beautiful area and fun for any hiker.

I took my 6 year old son with me to do this trail and we had an absolute blast. There was still snow on the ground so it wasn't crowded like usual and made for a very peaceful hike.

Very clean and nice park. Well maintained and friendly park rangers.

we love it here!! VERY BEAUTIFUL!!

Good trail, just a ton of people. In our experience, If you want to “take it easy” you feel rush or pushed by a group constantly coming up behind you. Not super great when you kids that stop every 5 ft to look at a rock.
Raven Rock was great and the overlook was great, just s lot of people constantly.

Love this trail, however there can be a lot of people there on weekends. A lot of joggers frequent it. Lots of slopes and stairs down to the river bed that will wear you out on your way back up. The scenery is beautiful. I love going past the end of the trail and exploring under the rocks at the river bed.

The trails are absolutely gorgeous and easy to follow. 10/10

Don't miss this one!! I hiked this amazing trail at the peak of fall colors and was awestruck! Finding solitude was a challenge, but don't let that discourage you; the variety of scenery was breathtaking!! Even with the climb back up the stairs from Raven Rock, this trail was fairly easy and well worth revisiting!

Good view of the river, the raven rock, and the river locks. A bit too many people but a nice location with many trails.

Really nice trail with an overlook and river access. My 7 year old son and I did it and had great time. There is a 120 step stairs that's pretty steep and leads to the river.

Great trail for trail running. Add in the stairs down to the rocks and then climb back up for a great addition to you run workout. Beautiful park!

Easy little trail. There are tons of people on the trail, but it's still great for an easy hike with an ok overlook. Good to hike with a pup.

Really pretty area. Lots of people on the weekend. I bet it would be great on a week day in the morning on a crisp fall day!

Great hike. Would be even more beautiful in the fall and winter. Offers a wonderful mix of lake, woods, and streams.

Very well marked. Don't miss the Jocassee Visitor Center at the trail head. Valuable maps and brochures on this feature rich area.

Excellent trails. Well marked and very beautiful.

My family and I took this trail and thought it was great. It Has frequent rest stops with trash cans along the way, along with some overlooking scenic views and a stair case down to the river. It gets hot so I recommend bringing water.

It was a nice hike in the woods with a side tour climbing down to the rocks. Go early because it gets hot.

The details are wrong, the waterfall is not on this trail. The waterfall is a different trail and adds about 3 miles to your hike. This trail is beautiful and worth the trip.

Easy trail's to walk and the views are spectacular.

A favorite trail for the entire family. The view of the Cape Fear River was fantastic and the rock formations were a pleasant surprise for the area. I would recommend this trail to anyone in the Triangle looking for a state park day trip.

Monday, April 17, 2017

Time it around the crowds.

Friday, April 07, 2017

Great hike, lots of traffic on a beautiful day though.

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Great short hike for a family. I did this trail with my three year old. She hiked pretty much the whole trail, except for about 5 minutes that I carried her. The trail is very well marked. The terrain is rocky in some parts, you'll be stepping over tree roots at other spots but the look from the overlook is absolutely worth it. The overlook is smaller than I had imagined but we got there at a good time so it wasn't packed with other hikers. An overlook with plenty of potential for some great family portraits. There's little creeks along the trail where the little ones can throw rocks. With my 3 year old slowing us down a bit, we finished the trail in 2 hours but you can absolutely complete this trail in one hour.

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Good trail. Pretty easy. Trail and overlook/Raven Rock area can get somewhat crowded if you're looking for something more serene. Set of steep stairs down to the rocks. Manageable but just in case you want to know beforehand.

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Great trail, easy hike, good views. We took our little ones, 4 and 6, they had no trouble at all.

Monday, February 13, 2017