Raven Rock Loop Trail is a 2.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Lillington, North Carolina that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Lillington, NC: Raven Rock State Park is located in Harnett County, 6 miles west of Lillington and 20 miles east of Sanford. Turn off US 421 and follow Raven Rock Road for 3 miles to the park entrance. Park in the first lot after the entrance. Trail begins on east side of lot.

We enjoyed our hike today but unfortunately Raven Rock Trail was close but we at least reach to the overlook and it’s a pretty cool view over the Cape Fear River. This State Park is well maintain with helpful & friend staff who make sure we are on the right trail.

I moved from Fayetteville 10 years ago and pleasantly surprised when I visited this year at the improvements, beautiful welcome/learning center. I took my niece and had an incredible time! We went off the path, which allowed me to see parts I had not previously explored. I cannot wait for my next trip! This is family and pet friendly, lots of shade.

loved this trail. there is an elaborate narrow wood stair case to take you down to the river, where you get a good view of the rocks. saw a copperhead, deer, frogs, fish, and owls. Take all the small extra out-and-backs (to see overlooks and the fish traps). the fish traps are igneous rocks in the river used by native Americans to trap fish. it's very humid in the summer, but shaded almost the whole time. there is a lot of Creek and river water to drink along the way if you have a filter bottle.

The trail is very well maintained. I didn't see a single person, but I saw lots of wildlife including frogs, squirrels, and deer. I did this hike at dawn and saw about a dozen deer that let me walk within 15 meters of them. The entire trail is shaded with benches and garbage cans along the way for breaks. The views are okay, but not spectacular. To me this was a difficulty level and type of nature walk/day hike for a family with young kids. Also, signs have been posted NO mountain biking.

This has everything you need for a great day / hike. Plenty of canopy cover, wide paths, good elevation for cardio, streams for your pet to drink, awesome scenery and the sound of birds and water. I highly recommend this for family outings although going alone is great too.

Lovely rocks!

Beautiful! Easy trail a bit harder for younger kids but works out because at the end there is a place to jump into the river. If you are looking for some fitness and fun for the summer time this is perfect and if you are just looking to get some good cardio in or nature appreciation then this is perfect.

Great trail and view!

Great day hike and good to start conditioning. It’s just a little out in the middle of no where.

Great place for a run alone or in a group. Beautiful area and fun for any hiker.

I took my 6 year old son with me to do this trail and we had an absolute blast. There was still snow on the ground so it wasn't crowded like usual and made for a very peaceful hike.

Very clean and nice park. Well maintained and friendly park rangers.

we love it here!! VERY BEAUTIFUL!!

Good trail, just a ton of people. In our experience, If you want to “take it easy” you feel rush or pushed by a group constantly coming up behind you. Not super great when you kids that stop every 5 ft to look at a rock.
Raven Rock was great and the overlook was great, just s lot of people constantly.

Love this trail, however there can be a lot of people there on weekends. A lot of joggers frequent it. Lots of slopes and stairs down to the river bed that will wear you out on your way back up. The scenery is beautiful. I love going past the end of the trail and exploring under the rocks at the river bed.

The trails are absolutely gorgeous and easy to follow. 10/10

Don't miss this one!! I hiked this amazing trail at the peak of fall colors and was awestruck! Finding solitude was a challenge, but don't let that discourage you; the variety of scenery was breathtaking!! Even with the climb back up the stairs from Raven Rock, this trail was fairly easy and well worth revisiting!

Good view of the river, the raven rock, and the river locks. A bit too many people but a nice location with many trails.

Really nice trail with an overlook and river access. My 7 year old son and I did it and had great time. There is a 120 step stairs that's pretty steep and leads to the river.

Thursday, October 19, 2017

Great trail for trail running. Add in the stairs down to the rocks and then climb back up for a great addition to you run workout. Beautiful park!

Wednesday, October 04, 2017

Easy little trail. There are tons of people on the trail, but it's still great for an easy hike with an ok overlook. Good to hike with a pup.

Sunday, September 17, 2017

Really pretty area. Lots of people on the weekend. I bet it would be great on a week day in the morning on a crisp fall day!

Thursday, August 17, 2017

Great hike. Would be even more beautiful in the fall and winter. Offers a wonderful mix of lake, woods, and streams.

Very well marked. Don't miss the Jocassee Visitor Center at the trail head. Valuable maps and brochures on this feature rich area.

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Excellent trails. Well marked and very beautiful.

Monday, July 17, 2017

My family and I took this trail and thought it was great. It Has frequent rest stops with trash cans along the way, along with some overlooking scenic views and a stair case down to the river. It gets hot so I recommend bringing water.

Saturday, July 08, 2017

It was a nice hike in the woods with a side tour climbing down to the rocks. Go early because it gets hot.

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

The details are wrong, the waterfall is not on this trail. The waterfall is a different trail and adds about 3 miles to your hike. This trail is beautiful and worth the trip.

Saturday, July 01, 2017

Easy trail's to walk and the views are spectacular.

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

A favorite trail for the entire family. The view of the Cape Fear River was fantastic and the rock formations were a pleasant surprise for the area. I would recommend this trail to anyone in the Triangle looking for a state park day trip.

Monday, April 17, 2017

Time it around the crowds.