Pulliam Creek Trail

Pulliam Creek Trail is a 5.7 mile out and back trail located near Flat Rock, North Carolina that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is best used from March until May. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Hiked the trail for the Green River kayak race. Fun trail, beautiful falls views.

Can someone give more details about the steep part. are we talking mud, hold on to branches, dig your nails into the dirt, or steep enough to debate about the path but safe or steep your out of breath but you don't have to search hard for foot holds with a clear path?

Very shaded, not very difficult trail. Enjoyed it. No people past where you past the first creek which made it serene, but carry a stick. A large amount of spider webs ha. Trailhead is difficult to find if you're not familiar with the area.

We really enjoyed this hike. It was peaceful and I bet really beautiful in the spring. Loved going in heat of summer because it's totally shaded. Be sure to take trail to the narrows -- we packed a lunch and sit on boulders --- got to see 3 kayaks go through. Getting to the narrows was strenous but worth the effort. Little hard to find but we used WAZE and it took us right to the trail head.

Low traffic, water fall and creek a big plus. Lots of spider webs

Awesome hike to the narrows. Perfect for running the first bit and then climbing down the last little steep part

hiked this trail in June. Get's steep at the end but a great reward when you arrive at the Gorilla rapids. If you're lucky you see white water kayaking in full action.

Walked this trail in late June. Loved it! Super magical beautiful and easy - except for the chigger carrying poison ivy growing into the trail on both sides for approx 30 percent of the distance. Next time I hike this trail will be in spring time or winter.

Great hike and views of the Green River. Boulders in the river are great to rest on once to the bottom and watch the kayakers go by.

Great little trail.... when you get to the Green River Narrows trail take the route to the right.... takes you to the Green River.... great area to have a snack or lunch l... if you're lucky you will catch a kayaker making his/her way down the center chute!

Solid hike ,lots to look at, several waterfalls to look at on the way down and large boulders to chill on at the base .

You'll get a good workout on the hike out.

Beautiful trail, I recommend the rope trail down to the falls. Hiked this in the rain. It was a small challenge with the ground and rocks being slick but had lots of fun! I loved the adventure and beautiful scenery.

Great trail and moderate hike. The end of the trail is a little underwhelming. The green river is nice but I would recommend going down the green river the steeper way. The ones you see in the pictures with ropes to help out. This was strenuous and sketchy but it adds some much needed adventure.

This is one of my favorite hikes. I love to take the steep trail down to the Narrows. It is quite a challenge and the ropes provided help keep you from falling. My dog lives it as well. Most weekends you can watch skilled paddlers go through the Gorilla and the other various rapids. Best to go with another person to help you cross the rushing waters at bottom.

Basically just a walk in the woods, nothing exciting..a few tiny Waterfalls off of the trail, good peaceful hike though, was only one on the trail

Monday, October 17, 2016

Nice trail. There is a new bridge right at the start and near the gravel pull out just before the second bridge so it's easy to see the trailhead once out of the car. It's just below the gravel. We did not take the popular Narrows Trail down to the water but did this hike as described. Goes down to the Green River. Very nice. Definitely down to get to the river and up to get out. Views will be better with the leaves down but lots of asters right now (October). Saw a few other hikers but not crowded at all.

Monday, September 05, 2016

Great trail - would cation the rating of modest to difficult when you get to the rope decent area to make your way to water wall that is off the trail head but to my knowledge the only way down. I took 2 15 year old who had no problems but for myself at 50 and my granddaughter at 10 we had to take it slow. All and all well worth the pain to get to some native water falls. If you hike up the river you find some additional water falls and swimming holes. Take water!!!

Monday, August 29, 2016

easy to moderate trail. Beautiful ESP once you take the side trail to the right which is the narrows. Went this past weekend and the beginning of trail was pretty overgrown but after the first 10 min the trail opened up more and summer overgrowth wasn't an issue. I've been on this trail tons of times and it's usually well maintained. Peek trail time imo is during the fall winter and spring season where you can see the narrows from the main trail and other small waterfalls. Loads of different plant life and flowers to see along the trail but lots of poison ivy mixed in though so be cautious of that. Others said its been overrun with teens but all the years I've hiked this there's never more then a few people and there wasn't a single person there yesterday except a few guys in their kayaks. It's pretty darn private down in the narrows because not a lot will venture down that long slope. very peaceful!! ❤️

Monday, August 22, 2016

I was here several years ago and went again over the weekend. It was really over grown (only went about 1/2 mile to see if it got better, it didn't) and made me uncomfortable to be there by myself although there were others that I passed on the way back out.

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Beautiful hike; beautiful falls; beautiful wild flowers. Even blackberries! It was wilderness hiking for us. We did see maybe a dozen others but it was a wonderfully remote pristine area.
Out was arduous! Would not have known about it without All Trail.