Pulliam Creek Trail

Pulliam Creek Trail is a 5.7 mile out and back trail located near Flat Rock, North Carolina that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is best used from March until May. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Did this yesterday. Loved it. Nice little workout and definitely beer/cheeseburger worthy! Will have to go again when I can spend more time at the river. Pack a lunch. I don’t think it’s kid friendly unless they are experienced hikers

Hiked the trail for the Green River kayak race. Fun trail, beautiful falls views.

Can someone give more details about the steep part. are we talking mud, hold on to branches, dig your nails into the dirt, or steep enough to debate about the path but safe or steep your out of breath but you don't have to search hard for foot holds with a clear path?

Very shaded, not very difficult trail. Enjoyed it. No people past where you past the first creek which made it serene, but carry a stick. A large amount of spider webs ha. Trailhead is difficult to find if you're not familiar with the area.

We really enjoyed this hike. It was peaceful and I bet really beautiful in the spring. Loved going in heat of summer because it's totally shaded. Be sure to take trail to the narrows -- we packed a lunch and sit on boulders --- got to see 3 kayaks go through. Getting to the narrows was strenous but worth the effort. Little hard to find but we used WAZE and it took us right to the trail head.

Low traffic, water fall and creek a big plus. Lots of spider webs

Awesome hike to the narrows. Perfect for running the first bit and then climbing down the last little steep part

hiked this trail in June. Get's steep at the end but a great reward when you arrive at the Gorilla rapids. If you're lucky you see white water kayaking in full action.

Walked this trail in late June. Loved it! Super magical beautiful and easy - except for the chigger carrying poison ivy growing into the trail on both sides for approx 30 percent of the distance. Next time I hike this trail will be in spring time or winter.

Thursday, June 08, 2017

Great hike and views of the Green River. Boulders in the river are great to rest on once to the bottom and watch the kayakers go by.

Monday, May 08, 2017

Great little trail.... when you get to the Green River Narrows trail take the route to the right.... takes you to the Green River.... great area to have a snack or lunch l... if you're lucky you will catch a kayaker making his/her way down the center chute!

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Solid hike ,lots to look at, several waterfalls to look at on the way down and large boulders to chill on at the base .

You'll get a good workout on the hike out.

Saturday, April 29, 2017

Beautiful trail, I recommend the rope trail down to the falls. Hiked this in the rain. It was a small challenge with the ground and rocks being slick but had lots of fun! I loved the adventure and beautiful scenery.

Thursday, March 30, 2017

Great trail and moderate hike. The end of the trail is a little underwhelming. The green river is nice but I would recommend going down the green river the steeper way. The ones you see in the pictures with ropes to help out. This was strenuous and sketchy but it adds some much needed adventure.

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

This is one of my favorite hikes. I love to take the steep trail down to the Narrows. It is quite a challenge and the ropes provided help keep you from falling. My dog lives it as well. Most weekends you can watch skilled paddlers go through the Gorilla and the other various rapids. Best to go with another person to help you cross the rushing waters at bottom.

Sunday, February 05, 2017

Basically just a walk in the woods, nothing exciting..a few tiny Waterfalls off of the trail, good peaceful hike though, was only one on the trail

Monday, October 17, 2016

Nice trail. There is a new bridge right at the start and near the gravel pull out just before the second bridge so it's easy to see the trailhead once out of the car. It's just below the gravel. We did not take the popular Narrows Trail down to the water but did this hike as described. Goes down to the Green River. Very nice. Definitely down to get to the river and up to get out. Views will be better with the leaves down but lots of asters right now (October). Saw a few other hikers but not crowded at all.

Monday, September 05, 2016

Great trail - would cation the rating of modest to difficult when you get to the rope decent area to make your way to water wall that is off the trail head but to my knowledge the only way down. I took 2 15 year old who had no problems but for myself at 50 and my granddaughter at 10 we had to take it slow. All and all well worth the pain to get to some native water falls. If you hike up the river you find some additional water falls and swimming holes. Take water!!!

Monday, August 29, 2016

easy to moderate trail. Beautiful ESP once you take the side trail to the right which is the narrows. Went this past weekend and the beginning of trail was pretty overgrown but after the first 10 min the trail opened up more and summer overgrowth wasn't an issue. I've been on this trail tons of times and it's usually well maintained. Peek trail time imo is during the fall winter and spring season where you can see the narrows from the main trail and other small waterfalls. Loads of different plant life and flowers to see along the trail but lots of poison ivy mixed in though so be cautious of that. Others said its been overrun with teens but all the years I've hiked this there's never more then a few people and there wasn't a single person there yesterday except a few guys in their kayaks. It's pretty darn private down in the narrows because not a lot will venture down that long slope. very peaceful!! ❤️

Monday, August 22, 2016

I was here several years ago and went again over the weekend. It was really over grown (only went about 1/2 mile to see if it got better, it didn't) and made me uncomfortable to be there by myself although there were others that I passed on the way back out.

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Beautiful hike; beautiful falls; beautiful wild flowers. Even blackberries! It was wilderness hiking for us. We did see maybe a dozen others but it was a wonderfully remote pristine area.
Out was arduous! Would not have known about it without All Trail.

Monday, March 21, 2016

A lot of fun, beautiful scenery, large expanses of inclines, small mountains to your right as you walk the trail, but the best thing is taking that side trail, the Narrows Trail (here on AllTrails) to the Green River Gorge which is challenging, a tad scary, and super fun. Ropes are placed along the descent to help you get down. Once at the water, you shall see little bridges going across the boulders, and you may go out onto them, and probably boulder hop up the river. It is breathtakingly beautiful and we were so lucky to see 3 kayakers come shooting down the shoals, well, really, FALLS, right AT us. It would be a superb spot for a picnic, and in summer, a place to get in cool pools of water. As you look around, falls are in several places, like surround sound. Not good for little kids and dogs. Just bring the teens and adults.

Saturday, March 19, 2016

...sorry, in the review below I meant to say descending instead of ascending.

Saturday, March 19, 2016

This was a fun trail to hike. It was quiet and peaceful. We had so much fun ascending the small trail to the river. Coming up was a little more difficult but, the ropes that were tied on trees were very helpful.

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Trail is very nice.

Monday, February 29, 2016

Posted a pic of the new road side bridge marking the trail head on the right. (Google Maps GPS says a little further and to the left: wrong.) If you get to the hunting area parking, you've gone to far. Hiked to the edge of the Green River and up a bit. Still seemed like plenty of trail to go even though we went about 3.5 in. Love the sound of water virtually the whole time and a lot if great views. Lots of roots and rocks early, but smooths out a bit with lots of variety. Really enjoyed it.

Sunday, October 25, 2015

As others have said before me... A little difficulty finding the trail head. Our GPS was about 2 miles off. The trail is pretty well maintained. We did the hike with our dog and he had no trouble keeping up!

Thursday, November 13, 2014

I wish every body would quit complaining about how hard the trail is to find. I found it on the first try. it's not that hard but just in case you're lost in more than the woods, this app does , have a great GPS with it!

*dirt bag for life

Sunday, February 16, 2014

The trail head is a little difficult to find. We did not hike the whole trail. Probably did about 4 miles total. Was definitely a beautiful snow hike. We could not have picked a better day! Was pretty moderate in the snow, so I'm guessing easier with no snow!

Monday, December 23, 2013

To start the trailhead is difficult to find if not walking next to road, I cleaned up the trash so that's not an indicator anymore of where it is located. After 20 minutes and 2 Wal-Mart bags worth of trash within the first fifty feet I started my hiking trip. Within in the 2 miles I ran into 2 separate groups of young people that did not appear to come to be appropriately dressed or prepared for a hike. They did remember to bring there music (if you call it that) and the "beverage " of choice. When I came across the second group, plus the other tale signs on trial itself. I decided to make a hastily retreat to my truck and leave. The local partiers have seized this place for there own illegal activities and caution fellow hikers to tread lightly.