Poston Trail

Poston Trail is a 1.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Gastonia, North Carolina that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, birding, and mountain biking and is best used from April until September.

One of the best trails in the area; technical, with varied terrain, and 99% singletrack. Very easy to follow signs as long as you travel in the MTB direction. About 8 miles if you run/ride/hike all 5 loops. Intermediate to advanced MTB; beginners proceed with caution.

This trail sucked if you like nature. It's near a road and can hear card passing by. There's no waterfall like described on the bio.

needs updated information. lovely place. great for kids.

Saturday, August 20, 2016

Please

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Update: If you don't see the trail markers, you're going the wrong way. Start at the green + on the map - not the red -.

They must not expect someone to walk the trail in the opposite direction, which is what I guess I did last time.

Sunday, May 08, 2016

Glad to see it's not just me who finds this trail to be poorly marked. Difficult to navigate without markers.

Saturday, May 07, 2016

Saturday, February 27, 2016

Sunday, December 06, 2015

Markers are difficult to find but once you do it is lovely

Wednesday, September 09, 2015

Not too hard, I normally walk the dogs on the trail after taking them to the dog park to let them dip in the water. not marked very well but most of the trail is pretty obvious. Just have to keep an eye open for cyclists.

fly fishing
Sunday, May 24, 2015

Love the trails however, I took a new path couldn't get out and I had my 4 year old, dog, & not enough water. The bikers have made paths that make it difficult to navigate. I finally had to pull out my compass & just walk straight through the woods.
This needs to be clearly marked for visitors.

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Monday, November 11, 2013

This was a decent trail. The trails were not well marked and were difficult to understand. Additionally, there were no maps. (Common Man!) I would recommend printing a copy of the map at home before embarking on any trails here. It is understandable why it is use mainly by mountain bikers. Get Out and Hike!

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

This is a awesome trail! If you live in the area of Gastonia/Charlotte definitely try this trail! With my experience at the white water center I can say that this trail is just as good as any black diamond trail and the white water center. Warning, this is a hard trail, drop offs, sharp turns, and crazy downhill parts. If you are new to mountain biking, take it slow and watch in front of you. But this trail is awesome and You should definitely try it out!

Saturday, January 19, 2013

What a great day. Hiked the bike trails through the woods and wanted something a little more challenging so we climbed up the side of Spencer Mtn. It is straight up and very rocky, more challenging coming down. Could be dangerous, need to be cautious with your feet but it was a beautiful view. We are going to try another path we found that looks more like a dirt road around the bottom of the mountain. Lots of possibilities. It was a great day.