Pinnacle Trail

Pinnacle Trail is a 3.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Kings Mountain, North Carolina that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

scenic driving

This one will make you feel the burn! This is the one of two peaks located in Crowders Mountain State Park.The trail offers many mountain laurels, birds and other wildlife. The last 1/3 of the hike is a steep climb with many rocks on the trail and requires climbing a short rock wall to get the best views of the countryside. Be sure and fill your water bottles at the Park Office and grab a map!

21 minutes ago

Did the "Pinnacle" a few days ago and loved the hike. I originally intended on doing the Crowders Trail to Rocktop but I opted for the Pinnacle because it was a shorter trail. It was an overcast day and I wasn't sure it wasn't going to start pouring while I was out hiking. Glad I did, it was a couple miles shorter than the Crowders trail but I got a nice burn! You'll be dodging rocks about 1/2 of the trail and the last 1/3 of the uphill hike is a little challenging. Got my blood pumping for sure. The trail is well marked and adjacent to the Rocktop Trail. I'll prob go back in a few days and do the Crowder's Trail and see how they compare. I saw a few locals out while on my hike; they seemed friendly enough. I went on a weekday, and I only came across 4 sets of hikers. The visitor center staff were very helpful and accommodating. There was no charge to enter the park and map of the park is free. This a a great little hike for someone interested in the beautiful view at the top or for those who like a little challenge. I think it only took me 1 1/2 hours from start to finish. A must do hike if you live in the are.

Great hike for a group. Steep incline makes it a challenge but well-marked, wide trail allows for several people to hike side by side or people to easily pass in the other direction. Great view at the end.

First time hiking this trail and enjoyed it. Beautiful view from the top! Will be hiking this again.

Very good challenge, Plenty of uphill incline especially towards the summit

Not an ideal trail for new / beginner runners. Pretty steep trail that offers a nice view once the summit is reached. It's a bout 2 miles up and around 900 ft of vert.

We took the Fern Trail to Turnback Trail and intersected with Pinnacle and hiked to the top, with our toddlers on our backs. It was definitely difficult but a fun challenge. The view at the top was great.

A little misleading...we didn't hike the trail -- we walked straight up the side of the mountain from the NW side. Love the pinnacle!

great view at the top. a little steep though.

Pretty flat for the first mile but get ready for a hike once past the "bend".

Good trail