Pinnacle Park

Pinnacle Park is a 7.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Sylva, North Carolina that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great backwoods hike. Very steep and great views. Quite rocky so a great workout.

Definitely one of the toughest hikes I've ever done. Well worth it once you get to the top! Don't let the shrubbery fool you once you get there, walk through it to see the sweeping, unobstructed views!

I do not like hiking roads, especially when they're covered with rolling rocks, so this trail was not for me. The road was very steep. Once an actual trail starts, the good climbing is over. Many streams to cross, so be prepared for wet feet. The view at the end is directly over a town, but I enjoyed the fauna at the top. Many different kinds of moss. As much as I hated it, overall it was a good workout.

I hike somewhat often, and I just want it to be known, this hike is hard. It may have been the hardest hike I've ever been on. In a good way of course, and the view at the end is definitely worth it. You work for it though.

The hike up is all uphill, a constant incline. I made it up in an hour and a half. I stayed for sunset and beyond to take some astro photos and hiked back down at night. The hike down is much better, all downhill, and hiking at night is always enjoyable.

It was a long hike but definitely worth the view at the top.

Difficult and rocky trail. Very scenic especially when you reach the pinnacle. Went with my husband and my adult kids who had done the hike before so knew to go,through the rhododendrons to get to the top. Beautiful!

Awesome trail. Steep and rocky but even the kids enjoyed themselves. Beautiful views! Will be back often.

very steep trail on loose rock. it's worth it to the top though.

There are a couple different trails so I never came across the views from some of these pictures. The Pinnacle though is pretty hard up/back. On the top (you'll know you're on top) but too much shrubbery for views.

One of the most difficult hikes I have done in a while. The climb to the top was about 2 miles of unrelenting hills. There were several areas between some of the sections that leveled off to give you a bit of a breather. Once you get to the top the views are worth the effort. Make sure you bring lots of water and take plenty of breaks.

it was kinda like walking up a steep off roading trail, but what's important is the top was amazing!

Very beautiful views at the top of the Pinnacle! Definitely worth it! The trail is very well kept, however almost all of the trail is completely uphill, so bring lots of water and be prepared to take multiple breaks throughout if you're not in tip-top shape (much like I had to do).