Pinnacle Park

Pinnacle Park is a 7.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Sylva, North Carolina that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great backwoods hike. Very steep and great views. Quite rocky so a great workout.

If you're looking for a workout than this trail is for you. The west fork trail is rocky and steep once you hit the trail leading to the pinnacle it flatens out. The Pinnacle trail dead ends so if you never been there before you might miss the trail that goes to the summit. At the end of the trail look to the left for the little trail, follow that trail for a few hundred feet and it will open up to overlook Sylva. The Black rock trail on the other hand is very steep. It's only .6 miles but it will kick your but. Again this trail will come to a big rock and you will think its over but the trail goes around the big rock. Follow this to black rock for some spectacular views. Bring plenty of water for either of these trails.

Fantastic view. Nice trail with several campsites along the way.

The trail is tough and steep in parts, but the view is well worth the effort. Even then the climb isn't terribly challenging for people with moderate experience.

Steep with loose rocks at the start but the views are worth the work! We hiked on our way out of town on a Sunday afternoon and saw maybe 3 other groups hiking out. We recommend!

Definitely one of the toughest hikes I've ever done. Well worth it once you get to the top! Don't let the shrubbery fool you once you get there, walk through it to see the sweeping, unobstructed views!

I do not like hiking roads, especially when they're covered with rolling rocks, so this trail was not for me. The road was very steep. Once an actual trail starts, the good climbing is over. Many streams to cross, so be prepared for wet feet. The view at the end is directly over a town, but I enjoyed the fauna at the top. Many different kinds of moss. As much as I hated it, overall it was a good workout.

I hike somewhat often, and I just want it to be known, this hike is hard. It may have been the hardest hike I've ever been on. In a good way of course, and the view at the end is definitely worth it. You work for it though.

The hike up is all uphill, a constant incline. I made it up in an hour and a half. I stayed for sunset and beyond to take some astro photos and hiked back down at night. The hike down is much better, all downhill, and hiking at night is always enjoyable.

It was a long hike but definitely worth the view at the top.

Difficult and rocky trail. Very scenic especially when you reach the pinnacle. Went with my husband and my adult kids who had done the hike before so knew to go,through the rhododendrons to get to the top. Beautiful!

Awesome trail. Steep and rocky but even the kids enjoyed themselves. Beautiful views! Will be back often.

very steep trail on loose rock. it's worth it to the top though.