Pink Beds Trail

Pink Beds Trail is a 6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Brevard, North Carolina that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 6.0 miles Elevation Gain: 337 feet Route Type: Loop

Nice, relatively flat hike along stream bed, Numerous clearings. From the Pink Beds Parking lot, take the trail east. The start of the trail is clearly marked and the route is easy to follow by the orange markings on trees along the way. The trail criss-crosses the stream frequently on well maintained foot bridges. The trek is relatively flat and numerous clearings are encountered for wildlife viewing.

Did this one and enjoyed it a lot! It was pretty muddy but if you have the right shoes, it’s no problem. Beautiful flowers and plants, and pretty running creeks along the trail.

Fun easy trail.

Lots of stream crossings, great for our hot furry friends.

Watch Out for snakes. My daughter was a head of us and was almost struck by a rattlesnake while on the trail. we also crossed paths with a 4-5 ft rat snake

Excellent trail for an easy half day hike. Yes there are some muddy parts on the trail, but for me not a distraction from the Awesomeness of the scenery.

Great easy trail, for families with kids and dogs. Only did 2 miles in and then back out with my son and dog as we got a late start, but will go back soon to finish the loop. lots to see, plenty of places to splash around. It rained on us so Mosquitoes were a bit of a pest and trail was muddy, but nothing a hiking stick can't help with. Keep an extra pair of shoes and change of clothes in your car.

This is a great Trail, flat. was a great trip with the wife, three kids, and the dog. There's plenty of places to jump in the creek and enjoy some time swimming around.

Diverse trail. Lots to see.

Flat, green and lush. A nice little walk through the woods. Definitely muddy and sloppy in quite a few places after the recent storms. Bring a pair of shoes to change into for the ride home! I recorded my hike and followed the map and AllTrails said it was 5.3 miles so a little less than the 6 miles listed.

“Difficult” trail that could actually be run, for the most part. Some trails rated difficult in this app are super difficult and can only be hiked. This one allows a good amount of running and several stream crossings if u bring water purification methods. However, the saved start point is wrong so once u get into Pisgah u want to park in the black mountain parking lot by the visitor/ranger center.

Great trail for kids, family, pets, etc. Took my 5 year old on his first "real" day hike and had a picnic in the park afterwards.

Nice flat hike on a late spring day. Lots to look at and explore. Shade is welcome on a hot day.

Nice walk and beautiful spring flowers. Can be a bit buggy during humid, hot weather. Flat trail, easy for kids and dogs.

this is definitely up there in my top hikes, maybe my favorite. it becomes a hike after the length (do the whole thing! and include barnett branch extension where the long boardwalk is!) if you like trail features (boardwalks, bridges, platforms, railings, any of that!) you will love this hike. its absolutely gorgeous with lots of running water, places to stop, and beautiful flora! there is mud! i got a huge hug from a muddy dog along the way! the trailhead, if you havent been here, is a bit confusing: find the yellow sign, and flow the road there. after that, you are good to go! the trail has frequent signage, especially at junctions. orange blaze.

Great day hike trail with great views. Easy hike but can get a little muddy.

really enjoyable, flat hike which makes it much more accessible to families! trail blazers were nicely marked (albeit in some instances, few and far between). a nice variety of scenery and mostly shady, making it perfect for spring/summer. lots of little nooks and crannies to explore and relax around. was hoping it'd be better for bird watching, but listening is still fun. some areas were quite muddy and roots were very common on the trail, so toes, beware! very secluded.

Note that this trail was posted "no mountain biking" as of 4/23/19.

I scouted this trail on April 15th for our hiking group. It was right after a few days of very heavy rain but the trail was still very manageable. It was a clear and beautiful day and I truly enjoyed the hike. Bringing hiking poles would help to get around the puddles and prevent slipping on the mud.

This was my first solo mountain bike ride and I loved it. The trail has some good down hills and pretty easy climbs. Just make sure you dont turn left where the trail meets like I did. turned my 6 mile ride into 11 miles.

This trail was approachable and well maintained. The creek was crystal clear and we had many opportunities to wade in and around it. I did this with my 9-year-old and it is very approachable for kids and families. The scenery is just fairly similar for much of the trail so next time I might cut the loop and take the Barrett Branch to make it a bit shorter. If there were more flowers blooming it would have added more interest.

Fairly easy trail with lots of bridges and walkways. It was quite muddy due to the amount of rain we’ve received. Can’t wait to go back and see the rhododendrons in bloom

Great hike! Bridges over the streams but many rocks and roots. Watch your footing!

This was a good easy trail to do with our pups. Older children could easily do the whole trail. Scenic meadows, beautiful creek crossings wooded mostly and cool. It was boggy in a few areas but we’ve had so much rain, it doesn’t surprise me. Will do again, especially if the grandchildren are visiting and need to run! We did it clockwise ( taking the loop to the left at the fork ). The left “arm” of the loop had more beautiful creek spots/crossings, and the right “arm” of the loop had some awesome swampy boardwalks.

Great trail for family! We did it in a couple of hours with our 10yo, 7yo, and 1yo and little Weimaraner puppy. Muddy with recent weather conditions but great views and there are several small bridges throughout to cross the creek. Definitely worth it!