Pink Beds Trail

Pink Beds Trail is a 6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Brevard, North Carolina that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Nice, relatively flat hike along stream bed, Numerous clearings. From the Pink Beds Parking lot, take the trail east. The start of the trail is clearly marked and the route is easy to follow by the orange markings on trees along the way. The trail criss-crosses the stream frequently on well maintained foot bridges. The trek is relatively flat and numerous clearings are encountered for wildlife viewing.

I run this loop all the time with my Jack Russell Terrier it is usually 5.5 miles from picnic area on my Garmin. Easier to navigate starting the loop from the left. Summer time weekends busy, week days not as bad, always a great run. Tends to get a few mud areas.

We hiked this on Thanksgiving... it was a beautiful day. The trail on my health app came up as 6.1 miles, maybe I looked about a lot...LOL we loved the running stream and the trails were nice.
Pretty place lots of diversity.

Well maintained, easy to navigate, level trail. Trail is easy to find and well marked from the road with large parking area. The loop is 5.3 miles, according to sign at start of the trail. Could easily take dogs or kids!

Hiked this track 10/13 along with some adjoining trails Love scenery especially along the S Mill river

Nice loop with two distinct halves. Eastern half stays close to South Fork of Mills River and has a wetland/riverside feel; also features some nice boardwalks. Western half has a little more up and down and has more of a foothills feel. Somewhat popular because it is one of the few fairly flat hikes of significant length in the area. On the harder side of easy due to the length. Overall, a very nice and fairly easy day hike.

Great afternoon hike.

Very easy trail, great for beginners and kids. Nice relaxing stroll through the woods with pretty meadows and flowers.

Took just under 3 hours and we had our 8 year old with us. Very pretty views.

Great trail. The whole loop takes about 2 hrs. 45 min. to hike it. A little muddy in some spots. On Strava it log 5.1 miles and we did the loop counter clockwise.

good hike with the family even my 4 year old completed the hike

I could not wait for this trail to be over. Give it a day (or 4) to dry up after rain because I spent the entire time in ankle deep mud or avoiding slippery surfaces. (Including some of the walkways) Also, note my recorded trail vs. AllTrails map - I went clockwise, may be better marked counter-clockwise, but don't be alarmed if you stray from the AT map, you're on the right trail. (Even though it's not blazed) I'm not a picky hiker, but this was just miserable. I will say, under better conditions, great, easy trail for off-leash pups.

White & pink rhododendrons & supposedly blue ghost fireflies. (The Cradle of Forestry "next door" definitely has the fireflies. It has good info on these seasonal delights.)
BTW, we saw a pocket of synchronous fireflies on their blue ghost tour.

Great trail with not much elevation changes. I question the 4.6 mi length however. I feel 6.5 mi is more accurate. We walked at a steady pace of 13000 steps and took 3 hours to complete.

Very nice relatively easy trails for most skill levels. Good for an enjoyable nature trail walk, even with small kids. Also looks like a great spot to mountain bike without much risk. Overall, very enjoyable.

Beautiful! Great for the kids too!

Saturday, February 18, 2017

Fun trail with cool bridges and boardwalks. It is longer than advertised at 5.2 miles compared to the posted 4.6. There are some sections with many roots so be careful with those ankles.

Monday, February 13, 2017

Great trail for kids and families! Our 5 yo girl even hiked with us and loved it.

Sunday, February 05, 2017

TONS of room for the littles to RUN and RUN and RUN!! Multiple grills and picnic tables and even an indoor potty! We didn't even do the trails. Our 3 year old enjoyed just being able to run and the grown ups enjoyed watching from the picnic tables :) We visited for the first time on an unusually warm January day so there was lots of room, but I could definitely see this place getting crowded in the warm months! We will absolutely picnic here in the future!

Monday, October 31, 2016

Easy hiking trail. Watch out for bears ;).

Friday, October 28, 2016

Very nice trail through forests and meadows. You can see beaver dams on this trail.