Pink Beds Trail

Pink Beds Trail is a 6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Brevard, North Carolina that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Nice, relatively flat hike along stream bed, Numerous clearings. From the Pink Beds Parking lot, take the trail east. The start of the trail is clearly marked and the route is easy to follow by the orange markings on trees along the way. The trail criss-crosses the stream frequently on well maintained foot bridges. The trek is relatively flat and numerous clearings are encountered for wildlife viewing.

Beavers sometimes flood parts of the trail making the area almost “ancient.”

It was very easy & mostly pine needles & sand which made it nice after a rough rocky hike yesterday & great spot to take my 2 dogs along. Only ran into one other couple & one mountain biker the entire 6 mile loop

Biked today and only encountered 2 groups. The first thought the loop was only 1 mile  the next 3 mile. We set them straight much to their dismay. Great trail for MBing. 5.94 from parking lot back to PL went left (north) at first split and followed orange blazes. The first split is just a few hundred feet from PL after creek crossing. Several free crosses and bridges. Most were too narrow to ride across (we are beginners on MBs). North side is mostly all down hill or flat and south side same. Halfway point is wide bridge and large camping area with big rock fire pit. Took us about 2.5 hours. Not bad for 55 and 54 newbies to MBing. Definitely would do again!!!!!!!!

Enjoyed this hike a lot. Only came across three other groups of hikers so we pretty much had it all to ourselves. There are a lot of tree roots to navigate through the first half of the hike and there was a lot of muddy areas but the wild flowers were worth it.

Great hike! easy but little long. May not have great views but scenery changes often. Lots of thing to walk over (bridges, rocks even walk across a tree trunk). I went with my dog and she loved it. I especially liked she was able to cool off at all the water spots. It was very quiet. Not a lot of traffic. Think I came across 5 groups in total. At the trail head I started left and it seemed to work well. I will definitely be going on this hike again!

Really awesome in fall. Definitely worth it.

Nice easy long hike done twice in less than a week

My husband and I (in our early 40's) took our dog for a 5.3 mile hike (according to apple iWatch) and thought it was a great trail. We cruised through in about 1hr 45mins (~pace of 20min/mi). We didn't run into a lot of folks/dogs for a Sunday in June which we were grateful for. Great creeks along the way for our pooch to get her tummy wet and cool off. We were lucky to be there on a day where it hasn't rained much as I can see how it could be a very muddy mess if it had. Great bridges to avoid the creeks if you so desire. Be careful of your footing as there are a lot of tree roots in some parts of the trail. Fun hike and great workout. There is a great picnic area at the trailhead - fantastic for a snack/rest after your hike.

Very nice walk for beginners. We got out early, 7:45 and we had it all to ourselves until the end when people started coming the other direction. Beautiful creeks, scenery.

This is a great hike for families. My family enjoyed the hike the ferns are beautiful and the creeks that run through the area are nice and deep enough to swim in some places. It does tend to be a little muddy in places but if that doesn't bother you then I say go for it we're hiking right?

I tried this trail while visiting the falls. This was a wet trail most of the way due to the rains. It was shady most of the trail. I did not find much of interest on this hike other then going around the water puddles and muddy areas. I got a good work out though.

East going trail ideal for older folks who may be unused to hiking. Can be longish for them. Hiking poles useful for traversing rooted areas. Wild flowers and birds.

We really liked this hike lots to see especially crossing the bridges over the bogs

I run this loop all the time with my Jack Russell Terrier it is usually 5.5 miles from picnic area on my Garmin. Easier to navigate starting the loop from the left. Summer time weekends busy, week days not as bad, always a great run. Tends to get a few mud areas.

We hiked this on Thanksgiving... it was a beautiful day. The trail on my health app came up as 6.1 miles, maybe I looked about a lot...LOL we loved the running stream and the trails were nice.
Pretty place lots of diversity.

Well maintained, easy to navigate, level trail. Trail is easy to find and well marked from the road with large parking area. The loop is 5.3 miles, according to sign at start of the trail. Could easily take dogs or kids!

Friday, October 13, 2017

Hiked this track 10/13 along with some adjoining trails Love scenery especially along the S Mill river

Thursday, September 21, 2017

Nice loop with two distinct halves. Eastern half stays close to South Fork of Mills River and has a wetland/riverside feel; also features some nice boardwalks. Western half has a little more up and down and has more of a foothills feel. Somewhat popular because it is one of the few fairly flat hikes of significant length in the area. On the harder side of easy due to the length. Overall, a very nice and fairly easy day hike.

Monday, September 04, 2017

Great afternoon hike.

Sunday, September 03, 2017

Very easy trail, great for beginners and kids. Nice relaxing stroll through the woods with pretty meadows and flowers.

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Took just under 3 hours and we had our 8 year old with us. Very pretty views.

Saturday, July 08, 2017

Great trail. The whole loop takes about 2 hrs. 45 min. to hike it. A little muddy in some spots. On Strava it log 5.1 miles and we did the loop counter clockwise.

Monday, June 19, 2017

good hike with the family even my 4 year old completed the hike

Sunday, June 18, 2017

I could not wait for this trail to be over. Give it a day (or 4) to dry up after rain because I spent the entire time in ankle deep mud or avoiding slippery surfaces. (Including some of the walkways) Also, note my recorded trail vs. AllTrails map - I went clockwise, may be better marked counter-clockwise, but don't be alarmed if you stray from the AT map, you're on the right trail. (Even though it's not blazed) I'm not a picky hiker, but this was just miserable. I will say, under better conditions, great, easy trail for off-leash pups.

Thursday, June 01, 2017

White & pink rhododendrons & supposedly blue ghost fireflies. (The Cradle of Forestry "next door" definitely has the fireflies. It has good info on these seasonal delights.)
BTW, we saw a pocket of synchronous fireflies on their blue ghost tour.

Monday, April 17, 2017

Great trail with not much elevation changes. I question the 4.6 mi length however. I feel 6.5 mi is more accurate. We walked at a steady pace of 13000 steps and took 3 hours to complete.

Monday, March 27, 2017

Very nice relatively easy trails for most skill levels. Good for an enjoyable nature trail walk, even with small kids. Also looks like a great spot to mountain bike without much risk. Overall, very enjoyable.

Sunday, March 05, 2017

Beautiful! Great for the kids too!

Saturday, February 18, 2017

Fun trail with cool bridges and boardwalks. It is longer than advertised at 5.2 miles compared to the posted 4.6. There are some sections with many roots so be careful with those ankles.

Monday, February 13, 2017

Great trail for kids and families! Our 5 yo girl even hiked with us and loved it.