Corridor Trail

Corridor Trail is a 15.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Pinnacle, North Carolina that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This moderately sloped trail meanders through pine and hardwood forests. It connects the mountain and river sections of Pilot Mountain State Park.

Nice horse trail, perhaps good for just getting your miles in running or walking if you’re training for something ... but for hiking with my son it was just ok. No scenery, just trees and more trees. lots of people on horses passing, and TONS of horse

The gates were closed today from the heavy rains as stated on the signs to preserve the trail and save the horses from injury. With permission, I parked at the lower end near one of the gates and hiked up towards the mountain. Trail was muddy and slick. Will come back when we dry out!

Not a bad trail. Really wish there was a bridge or crossing for the river. We only ran into one other group while hiking this part of the trail. Good addition to hiking some of the other pilot mountain trails.
We camped south of the river so hoped to start at pilot mountain and hike back to camp. No crossing the river so had to cut it short. Would hike it again for sure.

This is a fun and easy 13 mile romp through the woods, especially in the colder months. Not too many people which makes it even more fun. I will come back to this one again and again. Bring an extra pair of socks! This is the only trail that I’ve managed to get both feet wet. You have to cross a few streams

A lengthy hike on foot if you hike it down and back. Many manure piles from the many horses litter the trail so you'll need to dodge those. A wide and easy trail through the woods.

the park is great but needs to have more detailed maps.

Sunday, February 04, 2018

Corridor trail is very well maintained and an easy trek connecting Horne Creek and Pilot Mountain. We took two cars, dropped one car off at Pilot Mountain and then drove to Horne Creek to begin our hike. Normally I would rate a trail with a lower rating when it follows alongside houses, but I was expecting to see houses so I decided to only take away one star instead of two. I was disappointed that there weren’t any openings with great views of Pilot Mountain, in fact there wasn’t any long distance views at any point. There were several creek crossing and I was glad to have waterproof shoes on one of them. Keep in mind Pilot Mountain closes their gates at 6:00 and Horne Creek closes their gates at 5:00, which I think is kind of early. We parked on the side of the road outside the gate and I’m glad we did. We didn’t get back to our car until 15 minutes after closing.

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Well maintained trail and decently blazed. Good views, low traffic, nice elevation changes and a few switchbacks, but nothing too strenuous, started down near the southern end and only made it about halfway before had to turn around an head back home, will repost once i finish it! Looking forward to the 2nd half!

Saturday, October 15, 2016

A nice trail that connects the mountain and river sections of Pilot Mountain State Park. A good choice if you are trying to create a longer hike.

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Pilot Mountain State Park is beautiful. Great camping, clean bath houses and well maintained trails. My kids and I visit three to four times a week. Would recommend this park to anyone that loves the outdoors.

Saturday, July 15, 2017