Corridor Trail

Corridor Trail is a 15.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Pinnacle, North Carolina that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

1988 feet

This moderately sloped trail meanders through pine and hardwood forests. It connects the mountain and river sections of Pilot Mountain State Park.

Corridor trail is very well maintained and an easy trek connecting Horne Creek and Pilot Mountain. We took two cars, dropped one car off at Pilot Mountain and then drove to Horne Creek to begin our hike. Normally I would rate a trail with a lower rating when it follows alongside houses, but I was expecting to see houses so I decided to only take away one star instead of two. I was disappointed that there weren’t any openings with great views of Pilot Mountain, in fact there wasn’t any long distance views at any point. There were several creek crossing and I was glad to have waterproof shoes on one of them. Keep in mind Pilot Mountain closes their gates at 6:00 and Horne Creek closes their gates at 5:00, which I think is kind of early. We parked on the side of the road outside the gate and I’m glad we did. We didn’t get back to our car until 15 minutes after closing.

Well maintained trail and decently blazed. Good views, low traffic, nice elevation changes and a few switchbacks, but nothing too strenuous, started down near the southern end and only made it about halfway before had to turn around an head back home, will repost once i finish it! Looking forward to the 2nd half!

Saturday, October 15, 2016

A nice trail that connects the mountain and river sections of Pilot Mountain State Park. A good choice if you are trying to create a longer hike.

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Pilot Mountain State Park is beautiful. Great camping, clean bath houses and well maintained trails. My kids and I visit three to four times a week. Would recommend this park to anyone that loves the outdoors.

Saturday, September 03, 2016