Pilot Mountain Grindstone and Ledge Spring Loop Trail

Pilot Mountain Grindstone and Ledge Spring Loop Trail is a 6.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Pinnacle, North Carolina that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A moderately sloped trail that hikes through the woods to the summit. The trail will start across the road from the park office near the entrance.

Second time on this trail and I would do it again. First time was a clear day and the views were spectacular. Second time it was misty and cloudy. I felt like I was in the land of the lost. It really added a mystique to the trail that you don't get on a clear day. The first 2 miles are fairly easy then you start climbing the ridge line, watching your step and get that heart pumping. I opted to take the ledge spring trail and there are tons of outcropping ledges to test your fear of heights. Kept my dog on a short leash in those areas. If you want to burn 800 calories, kill 3 hours and have a great hike, I highly recommend this trail.

Beautiful views! Took the whole family...me, my husband, his service dog, 6 year old, 4.5 year old and 2 yesr old. It was a but rough for the 4 year old but there were plenty of spots to sit and relax on our trek. She said she could almost touch the clouds when we got to the top!

This was a really good hike, no leisurely stroll that's for sure but the top is worth the 3 mile incline. I went on the yellow trail at the fork.... it was more strenuous than the blue trail. You literally climbed rock stairs for half a mile.

one of my favorite hiking spots - so much beauty and a great work out!

This trail reminded me of how out of shape I am. : ) Nice trail, 4 stars for heavy traffic.

Long trail but not really difficult. The views are just so so IMO

Very rocky, but excellent hike with great views throughout. Get there early to find a parking spot.

Outstanding!!!! If you take the grindstone trail from park office you'll come to a fork in the trail. Take the yellow marker to the right. It will take you on a hike around the side of the mountain. Gorgeous folks....