Party Rock

Party Rock is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Lake Lure, North Carolina that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until September.

No trailhead, no blazes, but the trail is well worn and easy to follow. Very rocky, very steep ascent but the view is great. No water source until the near the top. It took us 30 minutes to get to the old car.

Definitely strenuous but rewarding view at the end. The trailhead is not well marked and not much parking at the trailhead but overall we all enjoyed it

I loved this quick hike so much I did it two days in a row. To party rock, it is about 900 ft elevation, I suppose, all within a mile. It is a good, fun climb. Once you see the abandoned car on the side of the trail (how it got there and how many years it has been there, I have no clue?!), you are almost to Party Rock. Take the left trail to the lookout. The views are wonderful. It is the best view of Lake Lure I have found without paying to go into Chimney Rock SP.

Sunday, January 31, 2016