Paddy's Creek Trail

Paddy's Creek Trail is a 2.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Glen Alpine, North Carolina that features a lake. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

One of my favorite trails.... There are a few to choose from but I usually do the longest one at just over 3 miles. Plenty of markers to follow and the trail has always been well maintained. I just went again this morning and brought my Labrador with me. I only saw one person just before we started. Waited about 10 to 15 minutes and never ran into anyone. Very peaceful hiking experience. It does tend to get more populated as we head into the warmer months. This is one of my "go to" places and visit quite frequently throughout the year. Our family also enjoys camping and kayaking at this particular state park as well.

Really well marked trail follow the red triangles on the trees

Fun for our pups very serene and not busy

Ends up in a wooden dock on the water pretty cool

I’m out of shape and this was not super easy for me but definitely doable so don’t be afraid if you’re not in peak fighting fitness to do this trail