Owl's Roost Trail

Owl's Roost Trail is a 4.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Greensboro, North Carolina that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Please Note: The trail is closed during and after heavy rain to reduce trail erosion.

Makes me sweat

A pretty walk through the woods. The trail is well marked and not too crowded early in the morning.

Great trail along the lake.

good trail...I usually hit this twice a year when I do the Greensboro trails tour...a but "rooty" in some areas but all in all good "flowy" trail...got some good pump sections that you can really get ripping on...

My new favorite trail. Has everything - lake view, deep shade for hot days, berms, pump parts, all single track, technical challenges but not impossible, well groomed. Ride up on green way to Wild Turkey trail for more miles of single track. Awesome for Mtn biking!

Very good mixed terrain for hiking. Mountain Bikers were very friendly and gave ample warning of their presence. Looking forward to hiking it again during the summer.

Nice trail..a few hills..i don't get 4.5 miles on my watch..but close enough. Very easy trail..alot of fun...worth the time to do it.

Saturday, September 23, 2017

Nice trail but be prepared to move aside for the bikes. Everyone was nice and appreciative of us moving so no issues. I do feel the signage could be better. It appears there are a few trails and we didn't see a sign for Owls Roost. We must have looked lost and a nice biker asked what we were looking for and gave directions. Once on the trail, it was great!

Saturday, August 19, 2017

Great Trail. Exception is the trail should have more trail markers.

Monday, August 14, 2017

A real nice hike!
Water views, a deer almost ran into us which was cool, and I love the pine tree forest on the second half of the trail.

Saturday, July 22, 2017

Trail is a good hike. Little surprised to see about 20% of it as black top. Lot of mountain bikes.

Saturday, June 10, 2017

Took my furbaby for a nice hike fellow people we super nice about biking or running by us. One issue we had was getting back to the car was a little confusing due to having short cuts and signs for most turns but not all. Part of the loop we did was paved. Good hike either way.

Saturday, May 27, 2017

Great trail.

Friday, May 26, 2017

Trail closed today.

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Sharing with bikes, so be on alert.

Saturday, February 25, 2017

This trail has several water views and mountain bikes. Nothing to worry about, they're very courteous.

Sunday, October 30, 2016

took my German Shepherd for a trail run and we both loved it. trail was in excellent shape and bikers were very respectful. beautiful views of the lake along the whole trail.

Sunday, October 09, 2016

Beautiful trail. It was quite narrow, so that when bikes approach you have to get off the tail and out of the way, for that reason it might only be good for dogs who are calm and used to being crowded.

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Beautiful. There was a point close to marker 14 that I stopped and did not hear anything. It was total and complete silence. This was my first trail hike in over 10 years and it felt like so much more than 4.5 miles. I hurt in strange places right now but I can not wait to do it again.

Sunday, July 03, 2016

Great hiking, but the lack of signs and clear directions turned a 4.5 mile hike into a 9 miler!! Beautiful setting just needs better signs.

Saturday, April 30, 2016

good times

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Great trail to run on. Hills aren't crazy long so it's definitely a favorite.

Sunday, April 24, 2016

It was a great afternoon outing with the dogs - heavy biking traffic so keep your pups close! There is a semi-hidden bench at one point off the side of the trail where you can sit hidden from view and feel like the only person at the entire lake!

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Tough

Monday, October 20, 2014

Intermediate to experienced MTB trail. Be aware of trail closures when wet or snowy. Excellent corse that will challenge all riders.

paddle sports
Sunday, September 21, 2014

chhgv

Sunday, September 21, 2014

I am a beautiful person 43ww__kkr48 deed fee ed hfdddz4xehfvcxnihh999b bivouac I've 8 v c Ohio I idfdvcjf km jrdbfcb6

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Good trail system. Roller coaster at times and flat and flowy other times. Looks like they take care of it pretty well. The fire road was rutty. But overall a good trail.

I brought my bike from OK on a road trip and found this gem. I'll be back here. As well as Rocky Knob in Boone.

Friday, March 16, 2012

This trail has an almost roller coaster like feel to it and there's always new challenges some parts have long difficult uphills and others are curvy downhills the over all trail is not extremely difficult but you do have to pay attention to what your doing because of the trails lack of upkeep the people who ride it take great care of it but in some places you may have to get of your bike and crawl under fallen trees or go around rocks but overall one of the most fun trails I've ever done

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Owl's Roost is part of a great trail system in Greensboro, NC there are several trails from country park out to Owl's Roost and Wild Turkey and weaving through Bur-Mill Park. Lots of fun for all experience levels. Lots of roots exposed on these trails so get ready for some bumps, but that is part of riding in NC.