Owl Ridge Trail

Owl Ridge Trail is a 5.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Asheville, North Carolina that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

I completed this trail as part of a pretty loop around the perimeter of the NC Arboretum. When I visited in May, they had just posted bear sighting signs, adding a little excitement to the hike.

Monday, November 23, 2015

Monday, September 07, 2015

I don't think this area is actually part of the Pisgah National Forest, but my brother and I did go back into the woods a little ways. We hiked up what looked like a driveway and there was a clearing straight ahead that looked like a trail so we went through there. There were a lot side trails and the trail didn't look well used. This isn't a trail I would reccomend just because it sorta seems like it goes through private property. There was a nice area with lots of wild flowers and brush on a hillside where we could see the surrounding mountains very nicely, but we were near towers for electric cables.