Northwoods Trail is a 2.6 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near High Point, North Carolina that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.6 km Elevation Gain: 45 m Route Type: Loop

bridge out

I was so excited to see a trail LITERALLY behind my apartment. I have been here for months too. Very nice walking trail to be one with nature . Nice little stream running through .

The Northwood Trail is not an approved or sanctioned trail. The land manager for the area is Guiford County Parks and Recreation and the park is called Rich Fork Preserve. The official entrance to the trail system is at the end of Parris Avenue off of N Main Street. Bear left and there’s a gravel parking lot. There’s two sections of trails. There’s a hiking only nature trail toward the right of the parking lot. The other trail toward the left of the parking lot is a multi use mountain biking trail built by Piedmont Fat Tire Society. Both trail systems are well marked.

Mon Apr 22 2019

this Mountain bike

bridge out
Sun Feb 24 2019

This trail starts at a bridge over the water. There is no place to park except on the road. I asked a neighbor walking and they said it was ok, but I wasn't sure. I worried if my truck would be there when I got back. The trail is super wet, as expected with 8-9 days straight of rain. I crossed the creeks on logs a couple of times. The trail is out in places, trees down over the trail and sometimes it's hard to follow. They don't have any markers, but you see red flags up in places, whether it's marking the trail or telling people to stay off I don't know. At one point, I totally lost the trail according the GPS and just got back on the one I came in on to return. Anyway, it was a nice hike other than all that.

Wed Sep 19 2018

Lots of lost trail markers. Easy to get lost and confused. At one point there is no way to cross the creek. Lastly, too many people take their dogs off leash!!

Wed Aug 22 2018

Great trail. The only issue is that there are a lot of trails in this area and it is very hard fo follow. In fact I was off of the main trail most of the time and used a GPS to make sure I was going in the right direction. Overall great trail.

Sun Jun 17 2018

This trail was really pretty and didn’t feel like you were in the middle of high point. It was very confusing though and we got lost multiple times and eventually left the trail and walked through the surrounding neighborhood.

Sun Feb 25 2018

Very difficult to navigate the trail after a little ways. You are near the creek for the most of the way and is actually much better to walk on the rocks in the creek more than the trail itself.

Sun Dec 17 2017

Very poor trail markings, but pretty and quiet

Wed Sep 13 2017

Not bad for a small city trail. Nice stream to walk by and got some decent pics

Wed Mar 29 2017

This trail is easy to access. The trail head is in a neighborhood behind an elementary school. If you are looking for an easy after work hike this is it. If you want to get outside and away from the city, this is not it. There are several times you literally feel like you're in someone's backyard and I heard City noise whole time. In addition I found the trail confusing with multiple foot trails breaking off and poor markings. That being said it would be pretty difficult to get truely lost. In addition try not to hike at the height of the day as there is not much tree coverage.

Tue Jul 03 2018