Northmeck Park Trail

Northmeck Park Trail is a 2.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Huntersville, North Carolina that features a great forest setting. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Not very well known, so trail traffic is pretty light. Great twists and turns with lots of bridges, roots, and jumps.

Great loop - challenging for someone new, lots of roots and turns, all canopy, really liked it.

Beautiful trail

I was looking for a trail for a short run while staying in Huntersville. This hit the spot. Looks like it is predominantly for mountain bikers but I didn't come across any at 7:00 p.m. It was within 24 hours of a rain though and bikers shouldn't be there right after a rain. The trail has plenty of ups and downs but is completely runnable. The sign at the trailhead says it is 3.5 miles long but my Garmin registered less than 3. Could have made a wrong turn though.

Thursday, July 13, 2017

My first hike in the Charlotte area and it was great! My girlfriend and I took our 5 month old puppy on the 3 mile hike. There was very minimal elevation changes, but nice green trees all around, small running creek, and multiple small wooden bridges.

I would say we're slightly above average hikers, but this "easy" course was a great starter near us.

Watch out for the mountain bikers as there is a lot of blind corners. Also of note. There's a lot of soccer fields, basketball courts, softball fields, and tennis courts so feel free and bring extra equipment to have a fun filled day.

P.S. The park is FREE to enter

Sunday, March 26, 2017

I like this trail. Its very whimsy & not to difficult . Perfect for a trail jog

Saturday, March 25, 2017

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Really nice trail for beginners like me, but challenging enough to give you a good work out.

Saturday, December 31, 2016

I'm new to the area so my bike has not been tuned up yet so I hiked this trail. Had a great time. Lots of switchbacks, surface changes, and some elevation that made it really fun. I can't wait to ride it. It was "cold" ish but there was still a decent amount of people hiking and riding with me out there, and every single one of them all said hello and we're super friendly.

Monday, May 30, 2016

Nice walk on a narrow dirt trail. Stay aware of bikers--you have to step off trail.

Monday, July 27, 2015

Great trail. Good flow. Not too many long hard uphills. New small pump track out front is fun.

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Trail was good had a lot of twist and turns and variations of hills only bad thing about it is there are alot bikers

Sunday, March 01, 2015

I've been riding North Meck Mnt Bike Park for 15 years and it is a fun local training ride so close to home and a 2 miles off 77 so centrally located. Great for biking hiking or a fun family ride. Pat Golden Paddy G exit 23

Saturday, September 20, 2014

I like to run this trail. Good challenge with a good amount of shade. Closer to 3 miles based in my GPS, but everywhere else I have read it is 3.5 miles.

Thursday, July 03, 2014

I brought my 7 year old son here for his 2nd off road ride It was challenging but managable and something he will grow into.

Signage could be improved.

Cut throughs short cuts could easily be added.

We'll be back alot...

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

I'm going with 4 stars because I'm a beginner and it had enough thrills and challenges without being overwhelming.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Good Mtb trail with sections of great. Constant elevation change gets a bit annoying but you have options for cutting out of sections you don't like. Full loop I'm getting is 2.7 not 4? Might be missing a tag loop or something.

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Great beginner mountain biking trail close to multiple cities, but not too crowded.

Friday, May 18, 2012

Decent trail watch out for runners though. Pretty easy.

Wednesday, July 26, 2017