Northmeck Park Trail

Northmeck Park Trail is a 2.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Huntersville, North Carolina that features a great forest setting. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Not very well known, so trail traffic is pretty light. Great twists and turns with lots of bridges, roots, and jumps.

I was looking for a trail for a short run while staying in Huntersville. This hit the spot. Looks like it is predominantly for mountain bikers but I didn't come across any at 7:00 p.m. It was within 24 hours of a rain though and bikers shouldn't be there right after a rain. The trail has plenty of ups and downs but is completely runnable. The sign at the trailhead says it is 3.5 miles long but my Garmin registered less than 3. Could have made a wrong turn though.

My first hike in the Charlotte area and it was great! My girlfriend and I took our 5 month old puppy on the 3 mile hike. There was very minimal elevation changes, but nice green trees all around, small running creek, and multiple small wooden bridges.

I would say we're slightly above average hikers, but this "easy" course was a great starter near us.

Watch out for the mountain bikers as there is a lot of blind corners. Also of note. There's a lot of soccer fields, basketball courts, softball fields, and tennis courts so feel free and bring extra equipment to have a fun filled day.

P.S. The park is FREE to enter

I like this trail. Its very whimsy & not to difficult . Perfect for a trail jog

Really nice trail for beginners like me, but challenging enough to give you a good work out.

I'm new to the area so my bike has not been tuned up yet so I hiked this trail. Had a great time. Lots of switchbacks, surface changes, and some elevation that made it really fun. I can't wait to ride it. It was "cold" ish but there was still a decent amount of people hiking and riding with me out there, and every single one of them all said hello and we're super friendly.

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Monday, September 05, 2016

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Monday, May 30, 2016

Nice walk on a narrow dirt trail. Stay aware of bikers--you have to step off trail.