New Hope Bottomlands Trail

New Hope Bottomlands Trail is a 2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Durham, North Carolina that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.0 miles Elevation Gain: 32 feet Route Type: Loop

As of April 15, 2019, New Hope Bottomlands Trail is closed for construction. Please refer to the park page for updates.

Well, I accidentally ended up here because alltrails directions to the trail I was headed to was not correct. I didn't look at the reviews before I started. I did find the trail and the signs that showed the trail. I didn't see any signs that said it was closed. It was in bad shape. The grass was up to my hips in an area and lots of trees down on the trail. Now that all makes perfect sense if it is under construction! Anyway, I hiked it today because I didn't know it was closed.

Not a trail anymore... closed

Park area has a soccer field, basketball, small paced going south and restrooms so its family friendly south of the trail. but that isnt yhe teaul itself which is all grass, mud, water and blocked off sections. I wouldn't recommend or come back to this trail again for hiking more outdoor locations. If you're a family you can plan to come here for kid friendly ko actions but it isnt a hike trail worth coming to. Maybe if its updated with actual trails then I'd consider it next time. I dont often write bad reviews on trails ever but this is a first, not much to see and move along.

Don’t be fooled. The cover photo is from grindstone over by pilot mountain not from this trail. Is there a way to report this and the person who posted? World has enough misinformation without it infecting our all trails.

Monday, August 13, 2018

under construction couldn’t go

Monday, August 13, 2018

Not maintained- frequently under water, stepping stones about 50% of the time, and several fallen trees locking the path. Soooo many spider webs

Thursday, May 10, 2018

really overgrown

Saturday, September 16, 2017

Nice trail; take mosquito repellent in summer!

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

For newbies who live nearby, this was a great trail to start our new found hobby. There is a great mixture of nature and evidence that you're not too isolated, e.g. traffic sounds at some points. It is not frequented by many, as we saw no other two-legged hikers! The last quarter mile was a bit overgrown, but overall well taken care of and a great experience.

Sunday, January 14, 2018