Neusiok Trail

Neusiok Trail is a 19.9 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Arapahoe, North Carolina that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

Did a through-hike today with a few friends. Recommend to always start at the North end. That way if your feet get wet towards the south you're not hiking the rest of the way with wet shoes/boots. Like most people have said, very wet for a few miles. You can generally do it just fine without getting your feet wet by walking around the edges; although you have to pick your way past some thorns though. Altogether, a pretty fun hike. I may be wrong but I thought it was 22 miles, not 19.

Mile 2-6 at southern end after rain was miserable. The January winter day was mild but the frequent deep water left me wading. Dog loved it. But I changed socks twice and then just gave up. When I crossed a logging road I headed back to my car on the mostly dryer roadways. I’d have given fewer stars but the trail itself is very well maintained-no logs or heavy growth. A few short raised trestles. If it’s dry for a few weeks then maybe a great hike. I even met a guy w gators on and some of the water was deeper than his gators. Coming up from Oyster point the first mile of two was nice. Clear path, pine needles but then much deep water with heavy pocosin on both sides.
If you hit water, turn around. Don’t be like me, expecting it to get better...northern half of Neusioc trail may be better. But after 7 miles I was muddy and exhausted.... then, I had to get back to my car...

Is the section past alligator rd closed? Around mile 4/5