Neuse River Trail

Neuse River Trail is a 27.4 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Raleigh, North Carolina that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

wheelchair friendly

canoeing

Easy walk, paved, cyclists, fairly close to neighborhoods, The trail spans 6.5 miles between Falls Dam and the WRAL Soccer Center in Raleigh. The trail starts near the old bridge and ends at the complex

rails trails

If you are biking make sure you bring a patch kit &/or extra tube there is someone putting tacks on the trail ! My husband and another lady got a flat and we found about 30 tacks on the trail . I called the police about it. We Love the trail for triking and walking.

I put in at Horse Shoe Farm and rode about 10 miles toward Clayton. It was a beautiful trail, although not as shady as I had hoped. I recommend you get out early. The Falls were gorgeous, a beautiful little respite along the way. The wooden bridges are quaint, although the one near the 14-mile marker was not smooth at all. I was afraid I was going to blow a tire... Maybe that could be smoothed out ?? Great ride, can't wait to see the rest of the trail. Next ride...