Neuse River Trail

Neuse River Trail is a 27.4 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Raleigh, North Carolina that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

27.4 miles 898 feet Point to Point

wheelchair friendly

canoeing

Easy walk, paved, cyclists, fairly close to neighborhoods, The trail spans 6.5 miles between Falls Dam and the WRAL Soccer Center in Raleigh. The trail starts near the old bridge and ends at the complex

If you are biking make sure you bring a patch kit &/or extra tube there is someone putting tacks on the trail ! My husband and another lady got a flat and we found about 30 tacks on the trail . I called the police about it. We Love the trail for triking and walking.

I put in at Horse Shoe Farm and rode about 10 miles toward Clayton. It was a beautiful trail, although not as shady as I had hoped. I recommend you get out early. The Falls were gorgeous, a beautiful little respite along the way. The wooden bridges are quaint, although the one near the 14-mile marker was not smooth at all. I was afraid I was going to blow a tire... Maybe that could be smoothed out ?? Great ride, can't wait to see the rest of the trail. Next ride...

Love this trail, I come here often. Pretty views and we'll maintained.

Absolutely gorgeous. Took our bikes and 9 month old son out and cruised 10 miles of this trail. A couple little up hills, but nothing too hard or too sustained. Well kept, smooth asphalt, minimal fooy traffic, and completely separate from the road/cars.

Great for my Saturday morning bike rides to help build up my endurance since I am a beginner and the path is paved and not strenuous. I live close enough to walk to the entrance by the dam, so I take my dog occasionally for walks as well. It's been great so far. We truly enjoy this trail. Thanks Raleigh!!!

off road driving

off road driving

30+ miles of uninterrupted asphalt that intersects with at least two other trails. Beautiful river and tributary crossings. Several parking lots along the trail.

My first ride here was today. I started at Falls Lake Dam and road down to Horseshoe Farm Park and back. It was about 16 miles total. It's a great greenway with lots of nice bridges and it rarely loses sight with the river. I will definitely be back so that I can explore other parts of the greenway.