Neuse River Trail

Neuse River Trail is a 3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Seven Springs, North Carolina that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October.

Big fish jumping, cool waters rolling, great canoeing and boating opportunities, the powerful Neuse during high water periods can swallow whole towns. I recently stopped by Cliffs of the Neuse State Park for an excellent taste of the Neuse - an interesting place near Goldsboro. I've biked along the Neuse over 20 miles on the Neuse River Trail in Raleigh, fished and boated near Tryon Palace at the mouth of the Trent River - great place for speckled trout, and fished near the mouth of the Neuse down near Cherry Point's jets, even spotted a Manatee right near the Hwy 17 bridge! Hats off to Chris and the Boy Scouts who canoed a pretty fair stretch of river. The Neuse has a lot to offer!

scenic driving

I think we drove more miles than we would have canoed.

scenic driving

Not up to hiking or canoeing this far. We followed the river by road as best we could. It made a wonderful road trip, from small towns to scenery.

canoeing

I recently kayaked 22 miles of the neuse from seven springs to kinston. Great trip. I was with Boy Scouts and we camped overnight about 2/3 of the distance. Awesome trip.