Mountain Waters Scenic Byway: Highlands to the Nantahala River Gorge

Mountain Waters Scenic Byway: Highlands to the Nantahala River Gorge is a 6.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Franklin, North Carolina that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This description is very misleading! We drove 3 hours to get here and this is a paved trail! It is a greenway in the middle of downtown Franklin, NC.

We didn't do the entire trail because we were tired from an earlier walk. There are many different entrance points for this trail. We started at the beginning, but there were many stops along where more people joined - I'm assuming mostly locals.

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Thursday, April 30, 2015

I cannot possibly describe it.. it is just beautiful!! the whole area and small trails, I think you can hike here your entire life and find a new trail and something gorgeous waiting for you. They were all easy trails... I am out of shape for my standard and yet I did 20 miles in one breath.