Mountain, Ledge Spring, and Grindstone Trail Loop

Mountain, Ledge Spring, and Grindstone Trail Loop is a 9.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Pinnacle, North Carolina that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Start at the main office. Go across the street and left on the marked trail. Follow the marked Mountain Trail (nice moderate hike through the woods) until you get around the perimeter of the mountain to the intersection with the Grindstone Trail. Go right and you will start a moderate climb up. When you come to the intersection with the Ledge Spring Trail, veer to the right. Once you explore the top a bit, you can come back down the Grindstone Trail and you will end up at the parking area for a ~9 mile loop.

Awesome trail run. Nice scenic views.

This hike was a really fun one, good workout with the elevation gain. I wasn't bothered by the big parking lot at the top--some people can't hike it, let 'em live. I'm just glad I'm able to hike up to the top, and if you can as well, then I recommend this one!!

Lovely nature hike around the mountain. Climb is fairly steep. Overlook has a drive to the top which many people take instead of earning it. Pretty nice view. Limited parking around trailhead.

This is a great trail to explore. My sons and I have walked it several times before.

Went today with the dog. Got there around 8am and parking was a breeze, but it started filling up by the time I was getting back around 11am (Sunday). Parked at the start/end and did Grindstone->Ledge Spring trail (right at the fork)->Jomeokee around pinnacle rock and back down the way I came.
It was pretty active with several groups climbing near the top, so it was cool to walk by them while they were doing their thing. There's a parking lot at the top, but I didn't pass it taking this route, so I don't know about the amenities there.

We parked at the Corridor Trail parking lot, which makes this a 10.1 mile trail. It was good having a nice warm-up and cool-down with the harder bits in the middle. Made for a great day.

Not to difficult for the most part, but steep at the end

Monday, December 25, 2017

It’s alright. A fairly easy hike with an ok view at the top. There is also something that just pisses me off when I get to the top of a mountain to find parking lots and bathrooms. Probably won’t do it again.

Monday, August 14, 2017

We went clockwise on the trail and up ledge to the knob, that stretch was tough. It was a great day hike! The dog loved it. Short distance from Charlotte, rewarding view at the top. 30 minute drive to downtown Winston Salem. We went to Foothills brewery restaurant there and it was fantastic! Their taste room which is more casual with food trucks is about 40 minutes away.

Friday, July 21, 2017

I loved this loop! Although, next time I will definitely tackle Ledge Spring at the START of the hike instead of the end!

Sunday, April 02, 2017

Kicked my butt but it was fun !

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

This is a nice loop trail that I hiked clockwise (although it could be done in reverse as well). I would rate Mountain Trail portion of the hike as moderate and the best way to describe it is a nice hike through the woods. The Grindstone Trail is a bit more of a climb but it isn't too bad. However, the Ledge Spring Trail was more difficult in that there was quite a bit of climbing rock "stairs" and I would rate it as fairly strenuous.

I started my hike around 9 am and had a nice lunch at the summit before heading back down to the parking lot.