Mount Noble Fire Tower

Mount Noble Fire Tower is a 4.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Cherokee, North Carolina that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October.

historic site

My wife, (not a strong hiker) two daughters under the age of 3.5 (being carried in packs) and I. attempted hiking this trail. The Trail began fine with a moderately steep slope and a well manicured trail. The trail crosses a couple of mountain bike paths so be on the lookout. At about half way or a little more the trail begins to narrow and you come across a misleading sign that suggests that you are about 4/5ths of the way to the top. The trail narrows two more times and became to much for my wife and I to maneuver comfortably with the packs on. She had lots of reservations about the trail and by the point at which we turned back even I was uncomfortable going forward. Probably would have had a better experience without the girls.

Sweet views from top of the tower