Moore Cove Falls Trail

Moore Cove Falls Trail is a 1.2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Pisgah Forest, North Carolina that features a waterfall. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, and birding. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is an easy and very kid friendly trail. The main feature here is Moore Cove Falls which is about 50ft high and pours over a rock overhang. A couple of sections tend to be muddy but it's easy to bypass the mud. This is a must see for families.

Not much water, but you can walk behind the falls. Very easy walk.

Great after-rain hike. View from one waterfall to another. Short and sweet. About 15-20 minutes in.

My boyfriend and I ran this trail with ease. It has a beautiful view of the falls. If you want to go higher and go above the falls, it’s pretty difficult, but doable. You’ll find some hidden gems up there

Beautiful hike - waterfall fun to go on inside. Pretty busy on a Sunday afternoon.

Very pretty. Super easy. Wish I hadn't of left my phone in the car. My 4 year old loved it.

Beautiful

short good trail. Some up hill and down. kids and dog did fine. Waterfall at the end is peaceful.

Beautiful trail. Some climbs, but nothing my 70 year old father and law couldn't handle.

Make sure you get there early!

Great little family hike!

Quick out and back. Easy inclines and easy enough to get behind the falls. Not super big payoff, but it's proportionate to the time investment.

Very nice easy trail. Perfect spot to enjoy a picnic.

Absolutely the best bang for your buck with a 4 year old. We looked for gold along the way in the creek and the easy hike ended with a waterfall you could shower in. Easy for the kid. Easy for the parents. Beautiful waterfall that you can picnic under.

Perfect for kids. Walking behind the waterfall was nothing short if magical.

Meh. This was a nice short trail we stopped at on our way to Sliding Rock just because. Moore Cove Falls left much to be desired, especially after viewing Looking Glass Falls right before. Nice for exploring and splashing around during warmer weather, I guess. Perfect for beginners and families with small children, though.

Friendly to all activity levels, nice trail, muddy, and slippery, but it had just rained.

Easy trail. Fun waterfall to get great pics behind

This was an awesome hike to take with our two-year-old. After we got past the steep part at the beginning (with a sharp drop-off!) he was able to hike the whole way on his own with lots to stop & see. We really enjoyed the waterfall at the end - especially that we could take a walk behind it (might depend on time of year?). Exceeded our expectations!

Short and sweet.

Great with small kids

Wednesday, November 02, 2016

Easy hike did it barefoot, can chill under the waterfall or climb up to the top for more of a challenge. Small waterfall.