Moore Cove Falls Trail is a 1.2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Pisgah Forest, North Carolina that features a waterfall. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, and birding. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is an easy and very kid friendly trail. The main feature here is Moore Cove Falls which is about 50ft high and pours over a rock overhang. A couple of sections tend to be muddy but it's easy to bypass the mud. This is a must see for families.

Good short hike. Did this with a 3 and 6 year old with no issues. There is parallel parking on both sides of the road right at the trailhead. Ends at a waterfall that has an observation deck. Also some side paths that you can use to get underneath the waterfall. Trail was not too muddy, but I’m also not sure the last time it rained.

A beautiful wooded trail that was well maintained. We loved the creeks along the way and waterfall at the end.

Nice trail. Enjoyed the walk. Let’s me know I sure am a flatlander. Used to hiking in Florida where it usually is not too steep.

The trail has easy access just off Hwy 276. Easy to moderate climb. The day we were there is was pretty busy. The falls are pretty cool, you can walk behind them which I thought was neat. We followed a side trail just of the base of the main falls and found another trail that took us another falls which we had all to ourselves.

it was beautiful. Better than I expected! The hike wasn't hard. And my son loved it

Good little hike. We had three kids 3,10 and 12 all did great. Loved the falls at end and sitting on the big rocks. Overall good hike.

I took my kiddos hiking on this trail. My 11 & 14 year old loved it. It was a bit uphill on the way in but not bad at all. The waterfall was gorgeous. We climbed down to the falls & stood under it like a shower. We took lots of beautiful pictures. Loved this place.

easy

Took my seven and eight year old sons - the trail had lots of fun water stops and the water fall was approachable and beautiful.

Overall an easy well graded trail, very nice drop onto a lower rock. No pool but a great mist and shower.

A 1.4 mile round trip, easy trail to a beautiful and quaint waterfall.

Great easy trail, quick in and out, a good bit of hikers, fun rocks to climb and get great photos. M

Beautiful waterfall after a nice meandering moderate trail.

I have hiked this easy trail a few times but I always found that a lot of people wasn't aware of Little Moore Cove Fall nearby.

easy hike well traveled trail it was no one there when we arrived but quickly became crowded so go early.

This hike is relatively short (about two miles round trip), and fairly crowded, but it is absolutely beautiful. There are a lot of steps, especially near the beginning, so it may be a bit challenging for someone who is new to hiking in the mountains. It was also pretty muddy in several places.

Nice trail. Lots of uphill and some mud but worth the view at the end

Great little trail! Short but very pretty with several footbridges & stream crossings. Big waterfall at the end. More steps than I expected but kids will be motivated by the scenery & adventure.

Great short hike with a pretty little waterfall kids or dogs can play in!

really good spot, easily accessible and falls were impressive. great short afternoon hike following a long morning hike. would recommend.

Short hike. Well maintained. Over all very pretty.

Short/quick, easy hike that is great for children and dogs. This trail is popular and usually crowded but a beautiful spot overall.

Great, easy trail for the whole family! Our 4 year old hiker didn’t complain about the walk at all. Lots of families with dogs, pretty heavily trafficked but didn’t feel crowded at all. Falls are really pretty! We’ll definitely go back when it’s warm outside.

AMAZING!!! We had such a great time. Kids 6,11, and 12. The waterfall was incredibly beautiful.

This is a very nice, compacted trail. Families should easily be able to take the kids. Check out the 2 huge boulders on the way up...the trail runs between them.

A very nice short hike. Once I was there I met another hiker who told me about the other Falls to the left of Moore Cove. Just a short walk across two creeks and up a hill. It was pretty nice as well and worth it!

Short and sweet trail to beautiful waterfall. Follows a creek and is well cared for. Parking area at trail head. Would be great for kids, dogs allowed too!

Easy with good views. The waterfall is really cool in the snow.

Not much water, but you can walk behind the falls. Very easy walk.

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Great after-rain hike. View from one waterfall to another. Short and sweet. About 15-20 minutes in.