Mingo Falls Trail

Mingo Falls Trail is a 0.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Cherokee, North Carolina that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

107 steps to a beautiful waterfall.

Pretty falls, easy walk.

Love waterfalls!!!

Very short hike up stairs with a few muddy rocky patches that are a bit slick. The waterfall is breathtaking. The kids (ages 5 and 12) and the dog had no trouble at all.

Quick walk up some steps. Steep but the steps help. It was beautiful short hike if you are in the area. I didn’t see where the trail continues up the mountain but next time we are in the area we will probably check it out again.

Super packed with people! Suggest early rising to avoid the crowd and get decent pics!

been going to Mingo falls since I was a child. I absolutely love the magestic falls. it is a very easy trek as the path is mostly all stairs. one day i will hike up to the top.

If you are into hiking you can carefully cross the river using the downed trees and rocks under the waterfall (hiking stick makes it easier) and hike up the left side, there is a path that leads to the top and a smaller waterfall is above it.

Went right after the first snow in December, 2017. While I did not enjoy all the steps, (rather would just walk up if possible), once at the Falls, all I could do was be in awe! Well worth the stairs!

At the beginning there’s a lot of steps on the stairway up then levels off nice and easy trail to the falls fun trip

Well, we did it again on NYE ‘17 and were blessed with snow at the top of the falls! This time we were with our 6 year old and two friends who have a 4 and 6 year old. We attempted to venture to the right of the falls, but were unable to find an accessible route with the little ones. So, we came back down to the bridge and took the same route up to the left as last year— beautiful lookout points for the falls and lots of scrabbling (my dd’s favorite)! This is a win, and we’ll definitely venture back again, someday!

We had a great time, lot of stairs but easy to do if you watch your steps.

Went there on my first trip to the Smokies when I was 14. Sadly haven’t been back since. I remember it being a short trail to the bottom of the falls and there was another trail off to the side that went to the top.

Absolutely majestic falls

Short climb mostly on stairs. Impressive waterfall.

Great hike to a beautiful waterfall

Mingo Falls trail leads to Mingo fallsFalls. It is an out and back trail with a total distance of 0.4 miles. The first 0.1 miles of the trail is a long staircase. If you have difficulty climbing stairs, this will be a difficult trail for you. At the top of the trail, it evens out and remains flat until the falls itself when you climb more stairs to view them from a bridge. There are a lot of people on this trail, so it can be a little claustrophobic for some. The waterfall itself is very impressive and well worth the walk.

Loved climbing to the top of the Falls.

Great hike

Not a hike but a nice water fall if not a bit overcrowded. Soco Falls nearby is better although also not a hike.

This is one of my favorite hikes/falls in North Carolina. The hiking portion is very quick and very easy, and the falls are surprisingly beautiful. Highly recommended!

Not really a hike. Mostly just stairs with a single small bridge at the top to view the waterfall. The waterfall itself is pretty, but it was packed with people.

A nice falls located back a small hike. If you are in Cherokee it's a quick stop.

Not really a hike but well worth the climb up the steps to the falls. If you are daring enough, climb up the left side of the falls to get a great close up :)

The kids and I had a great time. Check out our full review with things to look out for.

Love this hike. It's a bunch of stairs, a flat path and an amazing waterfall.

For a real treat, go past the bridge and up the path on the left. Strenuous, but there's another small falls up there!

It's all steps, but the work is worth the reward! Beautiful!

Thursday, April 13, 2017

would call this one easy. Its just climbing a staircase up to the waterfall. Did it with my 5 year old in tow. Nice quick little hike to see a really nice waterfall.

Wednesday, January 04, 2017

The few stairs at the beginning are brutal but within a blink of an eye you are at the waterfall. The waterfall was beautiful and so was the view.

Saturday, December 31, 2016

This was a great little NYE hike for us! The path (a walk up stairs, you can't really call it a hike) is very short, and while not ada accessible, easy enough to get to the bridge for the falls. We left the path to the left of the falls with our 8, 6, 5 year old and 3 adults to scrabble to the top of the falls-- that was the fun part! We left the 4 year old and 9 month old (not easily back-packable) at the bridge with adults, as it was hand climbing, narrow ledges, and slippery rock. The view was beautiful and the kids enjoyed the challenge, too! It started snowing as we got to the top, which was a holiday blessing! In summer, we'd have tried to hike the fall higher from that point, but it was too cold to get that wet today. I'd guesstimate it's about 1.5 miles in total (.2 each way to the bridge and back, and .5 each way to the top of the falls and back) if you take the full length. On the way down it was easier as we followed the waterfall. On the way up we took the trail a bit away from the falls and it was more challenging. I'd say moderate to difficult hike, unless you stop at the bridge, in which case it's an easy walk. We'll definitely do it again!

Monday, November 21, 2016

Lots of stairs, but beautiful scenery.