Mingo Falls Trail

Mingo Falls Trail is a 0.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Cherokee, North Carolina that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

107 steps to a beautiful waterfall.

This quick jaunt is well worth the beautiful falls!! Climb 158 steps (we counted) up from the parking area and over to a little bridge where you can look up the falls. They were flowing well today. Thankful for the tribe's upkeep and sharing of this gem.

I like to add stops on long drives so I added this on my way back to Knoxville when doing the deep creek trail. It is definitely worth it. It is a large beautiful waterfall. The steps suck of course but small price to pay for such a quick walk to see such beauty. Definitely would go back again if i was in the area. Just be sure you take the time to appreciate it for a bit vs only take a pic and turn around and leave :)

A super short hike if you’re trying to do something easy. The stairs are long in the beginning but immediately after that it’s flat ground and then you’ve made it. Went pretty early in the morning and still ran into quite a few people.

Went last December just to kill some time. Pretty nice looking falls. Awesome icicles all around when we were there. Plenty of down trees and logs to climb on too. Definitely had the most people of all our hikes at this one. Kids enjoyed it.

We love this waterfall. It is so beautiful any time of year. We go here frequently as we live in the area. There are around 170ish stairs to get here and it is a short hike. This is a must see for anyone visiting the Great Smoky Mountains area/NC area.

Great little hike, stairs most of the way, bridge at the end of the trail for a great view of the falls. The entire trail runs along the stream, wonderful cataracts to hear and see.

What an incredible waterfall and a bit unexpected as you reach the bridge and witness this incredible natural beauty. This rainy year has made these waterfalls especially beautiful. An easy hike but about 160 stairs to climb. So worth the stair climbing.

Easy .4 walk just a lot of steps but beautiful, shaded walk up.Totally worth the amazing waterfall.

What a fantastic place. Short steep hike up to one of the most dramatic waterfalls I've ever seen. make sure to take water shoes for exploring around the creek.

Beautiful falls, but be weary of the crowds. There are too many people that climb on and around the falls (good luck getting any decent photos) and a lot of graffiti on some fallen logs. People need to be more respectful of nature. I only gave it two stars for those reasons, otherwise the falls are stunning after a good rainfall.

Was a nice trail . The beginning of the walk there are 120 stairs to climb then levels out at the top. Waterfall is amazing!

Short hike just visited to kill some time for 441 to reopen. I’ve definitely seen better falls.

We arrived late in the day. There were two portable plastic bathrooms there in poor condition. At the entrance there was a steep climb up some 200 or so steps. Then the trail levels out and shortly after, you arrive at a bridge where you can see the falls. It's a short, .4-mile hike. Access to the falls, like actually walking around on the rocks in front of them, is not very easy. And there can be a lot of people around. However, it's a nice sight and not a lot of work is required to get there.

Quickie walk to the falls to look for a geocache (DNF) but enjoyed meeting lots of people and the adventure. Did this trail several years ago.

easy climb, well worth it

Super short and green hike, not a lot of water tho

Great hike. Short for The whole family. My son and I climbed to the top of it. Great photo opportunities.

We went to this trail this morning. My boyfriend and I wore water shoes and hiked back to the falls to get an up close view. If you think it was beautiful from the bridge, it is breathtaking to make the climb over to it.

The stairs were difficult. The rest of the trail was decent. Our dog did great... very crowded but a beautiful waterfall.

A very beautiful waterfall. short hike to falls.

Short climb to beautiful falls. Definitely worth the numerous steps.

Easy walk, lots of people, beautiful waterfall

Pretty falls, easy walk.

Love waterfalls!!!

Very short hike up stairs with a few muddy rocky patches that are a bit slick. The waterfall is breathtaking. The kids (ages 5 and 12) and the dog had no trouble at all.

Quick walk up some steps. Steep but the steps help. It was beautiful short hike if you are in the area. I didn’t see where the trail continues up the mountain but next time we are in the area we will probably check it out again.

Super packed with people! Suggest early rising to avoid the crowd and get decent pics!

been going to Mingo falls since I was a child. I absolutely love the magestic falls. it is a very easy trek as the path is mostly all stairs. one day i will hike up to the top.

If you are into hiking you can carefully cross the river using the downed trees and rocks under the waterfall (hiking stick makes it easier) and hike up the left side, there is a path that leads to the top and a smaller waterfall is above it.

Went right after the first snow in December, 2017. While I did not enjoy all the steps, (rather would just walk up if possible), once at the Falls, all I could do was be in awe! Well worth the stairs!