Mingo Falls Trail

Mingo Falls Trail is a 0.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Cherokee, North Carolina that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

107 steps to a beautiful waterfall.

We went to this trail this morning. My boyfriend and I wore water shoes and hiked back to the falls to get an up close view. If you think it was beautiful from the bridge, it is breathtaking to make the climb over to it.

The stairs were difficult. The rest of the trail was decent. Our dog did great... very crowded but a beautiful waterfall.

A very beautiful waterfall. short hike to falls.

Short climb to beautiful falls. Definitely worth the numerous steps.

Easy walk, lots of people, beautiful waterfall

Pretty falls, easy walk.

Love waterfalls!!!

Very short hike up stairs with a few muddy rocky patches that are a bit slick. The waterfall is breathtaking. The kids (ages 5 and 12) and the dog had no trouble at all.

Quick walk up some steps. Steep but the steps help. It was beautiful short hike if you are in the area. I didn’t see where the trail continues up the mountain but next time we are in the area we will probably check it out again.

Super packed with people! Suggest early rising to avoid the crowd and get decent pics!

been going to Mingo falls since I was a child. I absolutely love the magestic falls. it is a very easy trek as the path is mostly all stairs. one day i will hike up to the top.

If you are into hiking you can carefully cross the river using the downed trees and rocks under the waterfall (hiking stick makes it easier) and hike up the left side, there is a path that leads to the top and a smaller waterfall is above it.

Went right after the first snow in December, 2017. While I did not enjoy all the steps, (rather would just walk up if possible), once at the Falls, all I could do was be in awe! Well worth the stairs!

At the beginning there’s a lot of steps on the stairway up then levels off nice and easy trail to the falls fun trip

Well, we did it again on NYE ‘17 and were blessed with snow at the top of the falls! This time we were with our 6 year old and two friends who have a 4 and 6 year old. We attempted to venture to the right of the falls, but were unable to find an accessible route with the little ones. So, we came back down to the bridge and took the same route up to the left as last year— beautiful lookout points for the falls and lots of scrabbling (my dd’s favorite)! This is a win, and we’ll definitely venture back again, someday!

We had a great time, lot of stairs but easy to do if you watch your steps.

Went there on my first trip to the Smokies when I was 14. Sadly haven’t been back since. I remember it being a short trail to the bottom of the falls and there was another trail off to the side that went to the top.

Absolutely majestic falls

Short climb mostly on stairs. Impressive waterfall.

Great hike to a beautiful waterfall

Mingo Falls trail leads to Mingo fallsFalls. It is an out and back trail with a total distance of 0.4 miles. The first 0.1 miles of the trail is a long staircase. If you have difficulty climbing stairs, this will be a difficult trail for you. At the top of the trail, it evens out and remains flat until the falls itself when you climb more stairs to view them from a bridge. There are a lot of people on this trail, so it can be a little claustrophobic for some. The waterfall itself is very impressive and well worth the walk.

Loved climbing to the top of the Falls.

Great hike

Not a hike but a nice water fall if not a bit overcrowded. Soco Falls nearby is better although also not a hike.

This is one of my favorite hikes/falls in North Carolina. The hiking portion is very quick and very easy, and the falls are surprisingly beautiful. Highly recommended!

Not really a hike. Mostly just stairs with a single small bridge at the top to view the waterfall. The waterfall itself is pretty, but it was packed with people.

A nice falls located back a small hike. If you are in Cherokee it's a quick stop.

Sunday, June 18, 2017

Not really a hike but well worth the climb up the steps to the falls. If you are daring enough, climb up the left side of the falls to get a great close up :)

Thursday, June 01, 2017

The kids and I had a great time. Check out our full review with things to look out for.

Thursday, May 04, 2017

Love this hike. It's a bunch of stairs, a flat path and an amazing waterfall.

For a real treat, go past the bridge and up the path on the left. Strenuous, but there's another small falls up there!