Mingo Falls Trail

Mingo Falls Trail is a 0.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Cherokee, North Carolina that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

107 steps to a beautiful waterfall.

What a fantastic place. Short steep hike up to one of the most dramatic waterfalls I've ever seen. make sure to take water shoes for exploring around the creek.

Beautiful falls, but be weary of the crowds. There are too many people that climb on and around the falls (good luck getting any decent photos) and a lot of graffiti on some fallen logs. People need to be more respectful of nature. I only gave it two stars for those reasons, otherwise the falls are stunning after a good rainfall.

Was a nice trail . The beginning of the walk there are 120 stairs to climb then levels out at the top. Waterfall is amazing!

Short hike just visited to kill some time for 441 to reopen. I’ve definitely seen better falls.

We arrived late in the day. There were two portable plastic bathrooms there in poor condition. At the entrance there was a steep climb up some 200 or so steps. Then the trail levels out and shortly after, you arrive at a bridge where you can see the falls. It's a short, .4-mile hike. Access to the falls, like actually walking around on the rocks in front of them, is not very easy. And there can be a lot of people around. However, it's a nice sight and not a lot of work is required to get there.

Quickie walk to the falls to look for a geocache (DNF) but enjoyed meeting lots of people and the adventure. Did this trail several years ago.

easy climb, well worth it

Super short and green hike, not a lot of water tho

Great hike. Short for The whole family. My son and I climbed to the top of it. Great photo opportunities.

We went to this trail this morning. My boyfriend and I wore water shoes and hiked back to the falls to get an up close view. If you think it was beautiful from the bridge, it is breathtaking to make the climb over to it.

The stairs were difficult. The rest of the trail was decent. Our dog did great... very crowded but a beautiful waterfall.

A very beautiful waterfall. short hike to falls.

Short climb to beautiful falls. Definitely worth the numerous steps.

Easy walk, lots of people, beautiful waterfall

Pretty falls, easy walk.

Love waterfalls!!!

Very short hike up stairs with a few muddy rocky patches that are a bit slick. The waterfall is breathtaking. The kids (ages 5 and 12) and the dog had no trouble at all.

Quick walk up some steps. Steep but the steps help. It was beautiful short hike if you are in the area. I didn’t see where the trail continues up the mountain but next time we are in the area we will probably check it out again.

Super packed with people! Suggest early rising to avoid the crowd and get decent pics!

been going to Mingo falls since I was a child. I absolutely love the magestic falls. it is a very easy trek as the path is mostly all stairs. one day i will hike up to the top.

If you are into hiking you can carefully cross the river using the downed trees and rocks under the waterfall (hiking stick makes it easier) and hike up the left side, there is a path that leads to the top and a smaller waterfall is above it.

Went right after the first snow in December, 2017. While I did not enjoy all the steps, (rather would just walk up if possible), once at the Falls, all I could do was be in awe! Well worth the stairs!

At the beginning there’s a lot of steps on the stairway up then levels off nice and easy trail to the falls fun trip

Well, we did it again on NYE ‘17 and were blessed with snow at the top of the falls! This time we were with our 6 year old and two friends who have a 4 and 6 year old. We attempted to venture to the right of the falls, but were unable to find an accessible route with the little ones. So, we came back down to the bridge and took the same route up to the left as last year— beautiful lookout points for the falls and lots of scrabbling (my dd’s favorite)! This is a win, and we’ll definitely venture back again, someday!

We had a great time, lot of stairs but easy to do if you watch your steps.

Went there on my first trip to the Smokies when I was 14. Sadly haven’t been back since. I remember it being a short trail to the bottom of the falls and there was another trail off to the side that went to the top.

Absolutely majestic falls

Short climb mostly on stairs. Impressive waterfall.

Great hike to a beautiful waterfall

Mingo Falls trail leads to Mingo fallsFalls. It is an out and back trail with a total distance of 0.4 miles. The first 0.1 miles of the trail is a long staircase. If you have difficulty climbing stairs, this will be a difficult trail for you. At the top of the trail, it evens out and remains flat until the falls itself when you climb more stairs to view them from a bridge. There are a lot of people on this trail, so it can be a little claustrophobic for some. The waterfall itself is very impressive and well worth the walk.