Lower Long Branch, Upper Long Branch, Little Savannah Connector, and Gribble Gap Loop is a 4.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Forest Hills, North Carolina that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is a good trail system not to steep some fast down hill with jumps some of the trails have a great flow to them all around very nice trails and well marked. This route follows blazes Purple, Blue, Red, Green, Orange.

Took our dogs on a 3.7 mile section of the system. I, too, would rate it as more moderate than easy because there were some fairly steep parts and the trail had a good amount of both loose and embedded rocks. Not many views except for power line clearcuts, but it was a nice hike and we enjoyed it. It will be beautiful as the leaves change colors.

Decent trail but it’s definitely not easy unless you’re a regular hiker.

We hiked this trail on a beautiful sunny Sunday with our three kids (5-9) and my parents. The blue trail is probably more moderate than easy (lots of inclines), but my kids are fairly regular hikers and handled it well. Great parking right next to the trailhead.

Saturday, October 14, 2017

This is a beautiful trail! I started at the Health and Human Services building, and took purple to blue to yellow. It's easy to find, well marked, and good parking. Although close to campus, you feel like you are in the deep woods pretty soon in. I would definitely not describe this trail as "easy" though - it has some pretty intense inclines! Also, watch out for mountain bikers! I liked the route and plan on adding this option into my rotation!

Sunday, August 27, 2017

Although not very technical, this trail system is not "easy", as the rating states. There are some very steep grades, especially on the spur trails from the parking areas. It's well built, well maintained and fun! Though not a lot of total miles (it's more than 4.5), the main and secondary loops are great for doing multiple laps.

Saturday, April 08, 2017