Lovers Leap Loop Trail

Lovers Leap Loop Trail is a 1.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Hot Springs, North Carolina that features a river and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

nice trail. lot of switchbacks going up. Just past the sign for Lover's Leap #308 (going up), there is a huge nest of yellowjackets on the trail. we got stung really bad, so be careful!

We actually went up twice. We took the AT entrance way. Beautiful hike up. The backside is like a jungle and ends up at the Silvermine trailhead. We walked through the parking lit and down the ‘Deliverance’ road and up again the AT side and this time took the AT all the way up along the ridge until the Push Loop trail and backside of the mountain - the tropical jungle. No views. Just a creek and lots of leaves. We got lost somehow and ended up at a campground and just hiked through until we got to the parking lot. Them hiked back to Hot Springs for an ice-cold brew. We did about 10 miles total.

We went on this trail in the fall and the view was amazing at the top! The trail was a little untended to, however fairly easy to navigate. I will be doing this hike again soon!

Not clearly marked and/or directed. Lead me on steep climb and down other side of mountain to diff trailhead for Pump Gap Trail. Then can't find Pump Gap Trail on this app....rendering this app useless for this!

Steep!! But beautiful views

These were the best views out of any hike we have ever done in hot springs. You are able to overlook the entire town from one of the lookouts. It was incredible! We will definitely be doing this one again.

Beautiful views would definitely do it again. But the directions on the sign in hot springs are the worst. The left at the "T-intersection" is not a T at all (it's more of a Y? Looks like you're turning into a neighborhood then turns to gravel where you park), and there's no road sign saying silvermine rd. Matter of fact there wasn't a single road sign we were told to look for. Or a brown trailhead sign. It was super frustrating especially not having cell service to map it. Maybe I'm spoiled living in TN where everything is so well marked. But by the time we found the trail head we just wanted to get the hike over with to get back for lunch so we rushed through a lot :/ the visitors center didn't open until 10, which is where we were going to stop for directions and suggestions on hikes but didn't want to get our day started that late in the heat.

Love this trail! Awesome views of the French Broad and Hot Springs. Very few people on it when I went but it would only take a few more for it to be crowded and views be blocked, so I'd suggest hitting the trail early if you hate crowds like I do. ;)

Hiked it about a month ago with our two Siberian Huskies. Didn't find it to be as hard as the rating especially since one of our dogs (10 years old and multiple leg surgeries) had no problem with climb. Gorgeous views at the top.

Hiked this backwards the first time, coming up counter-clockwise, then taking the AT to the Pump Gap Loop back to Silvermine Rd, then up Lover's Leap clockwise. Lover's Leap is not long enough to qualify as hard at all. It is steep, but takes only 15-20 minutes to climb. Trail was very enjoyable though, with lovely overlooks of Hot Springs and the French Broad. Combined with other trails in the area, it made for a fulfilling day hike.

Beautiful views. Moderate trail

Fun to hike and beautiful at the top definitely worth hiking

Thursday, November 03, 2016

I have been here twenty years ago and I am back with my kids. I am glad to know that it has not changed. It is one of the most relaxing places I have ever been.

Monday, October 31, 2016

This trail is a Gem located in Hot Springs, NC. We were thoroughly entertained by the constant climb and nice views of the french broad river. My seven year old was able to climb this trail so I'm surprised at the "Hard" difficulty rating. I give this trail a moderate difficulty rating, but that is not to say you won't get a workout. You will definitely need to bring water, but this trail will not let you down (no pun intended).

Monday, August 15, 2016

This was a WONDERFUL trail. Great views and easy to find. Definitely difficult but worth it for the views. We enjoyed a little picnic lunch at the top of the trail!

Wednesday, August 03, 2016

I'm visiting from the flatland of Florida...this trail kicked my ass, but was so worth it! I hiked it with a local, who was practically jogging up the thing. I had to take a break every 10 steps during the steepest sections. Loved it! Definitely doing the loop again before my vacation ends.

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Bring water...beautiful hike.

Sunday, July 03, 2016

nice views several spot to view from. no one spot with overlook to begin hike follow road u park on then go past restrooms and small camp ground. you will see slate stairs on you right that is the begining on tral. thereis no marking.

Monday, June 20, 2016

Difficult ascent, particularly if you start by crossing the bridge as opposed to starting down the paved road. Views are totally worth it and it's an amazing workout. Loved every minute of it!

Sunday, June 05, 2016

Moderately difficult trail with great view of river from apex. Can take off on the AT if you want a longer trail. Recommend good boots.