Lovers Leap Loop Trail

Lovers Leap Loop Trail is a 1.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Hot Springs, North Carolina that features a river and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Hiked it about a month ago with our two Siberian Huskies. Didn't find it to be as hard as the rating especially since one of our dogs (10 years old and multiple leg surgeries) had no problem with climb. Gorgeous views at the top.

Hiked this backwards the first time, coming up counter-clockwise, then taking the AT to the Pump Gap Loop back to Silvermine Rd, then up Lover's Leap clockwise. Lover's Leap is not long enough to qualify as hard at all. It is steep, but takes only 15-20 minutes to climb. Trail was very enjoyable though, with lovely overlooks of Hot Springs and the French Broad. Combined with other trails in the area, it made for a fulfilling day hike.

Beautiful views. Moderate trail

Fun to hike and beautiful at the top definitely worth hiking

I have been here twenty years ago and I am back with my kids. I am glad to know that it has not changed. It is one of the most relaxing places I have ever been.

This trail is a Gem located in Hot Springs, NC. We were thoroughly entertained by the constant climb and nice views of the french broad river. My seven year old was able to climb this trail so I'm surprised at the "Hard" difficulty rating. I give this trail a moderate difficulty rating, but that is not to say you won't get a workout. You will definitely need to bring water, but this trail will not let you down (no pun intended).

This was a WONDERFUL trail. Great views and easy to find. Definitely difficult but worth it for the views. We enjoyed a little picnic lunch at the top of the trail!

I'm visiting from the flatland of Florida...this trail kicked my ass, but was so worth it! I hiked it with a local, who was practically jogging up the thing. I had to take a break every 10 steps during the steepest sections. Loved it! Definitely doing the loop again before my vacation ends.

Bring water...beautiful hike.

nice views several spot to view from. no one spot with overlook to begin hike follow road u park on then go past restrooms and small camp ground. you will see slate stairs on you right that is the begining on tral. thereis no marking.

Difficult ascent, particularly if you start by crossing the bridge as opposed to starting down the paved road. Views are totally worth it and it's an amazing workout. Loved every minute of it!

Moderately difficult trail with great view of river from apex. Can take off on the AT if you want a longer trail. Recommend good boots.