Looking Glass Rock Trail

Looking Glass Rock Trail is a 5.7 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Brevard, North Carolina that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 5.7 miles Elevation Gain: 1,729 feet Route Type: Out & Back

rock climbing

Great hike with a steady climb. There are only a few points where things get a little technical. Wear the right shoes and it’s not bad. The end is amazing. Find a spot to sit down and enjoy the view. NOTE: Hikers say that parking on the dirt road next to the trailhead will result in a fine.

Excellent trail! The right amount of challenging with a fantastic view at the end. Opted not to take our dogs on this hike, as they aren’t experienced hikers and tend to pull a little on the leash. This was probably for the best as there are several slick switchbacks and rocky terrains that might’ve resulted in a rolled ankle if we had to try and keep the pups under control. I wouldn’t consider my wife and I to be advanced hikers and we hit the peak in about 90 minutes, and just under 10 minutes to the rock face after that. About 65 minutes to descend. Highly recommended!

Enjoyable trail. The only downside is the lack of view on the way up. However the view was worth the work. Trail slippery and muddy, a good fun hike. View at top was incredible. Overall it took 1 hour to get to the top then 45 ish to get down, trail running on the way down. Parking not great but we found a spot. Overall glad we experienced this one!

flooded

flooded

Hiked this yesterday after a good day of rain. Was muddy and at times found yourself deep in it. Good amount of elevation gain. Go all the way to the cliff edge at the end of the trail. Totally worth it. Amazing view and very peaceful.

Great trail! Just a little muddy right now. Lots of fog during our visit.

Be prepared to walk 7+ miles on this trail there are points where you ask yourself “are we there yet?” The view is worth it when you get to the edge and make sure you have your legs underneath you. Anything you may drop, just let it go.

Great trail with incredible summit view. Make sure you wear appropriate footwear as the trails are VERY muddy.

Great hike. Not too much to see on the way up, but the view at the summit makes up for it. Stunning view at the top! Parking is pretty slim. Might have to park on the road if you arrive late morning, but it wasn’t a problem for us. Would definitely do this hike again!

Hard climb and slightly muddy, slippery conditions but a great payoff at the end!

AMAZING VIEW!!! It was a tough hike. Many times we weren’t sure if we made it to the top yet or not. But once we did, it was all worth it. Stunning views with nice rocks to sit on and have lunch. One of my favorite hikes.

I planned to reach the summit just sunset. I was absolutely worth it to have a great view and a beautiful sunset all to myself. Took me 1 hour and 50 mins up and 90 minutes down