Looking Glass Rock Trail

Looking Glass Rock Trail is a 5.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Brevard, North Carolina that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Directions from Brevard, NC: Travel US 276 northwest for approximately 5 miles, then turn left (toward the Pisgah Center for Wildlife Education) just before Looking Glass Falls. The Looking Glass Rock Trailhead will be on the right.

Great hike with a worth while view.

Great view! Well marked with yellow trail blazes. Definitely worth it!

This trail was the first real hike I've ever done. I loved it! I definitely would say it is hard for an inexperienced hiker but I made it. I've been 4 times since then and its just as beautiful each time. The top makes it worth it! Especially in the summer time. I would definitely recommend this one if you're looking for a day trip.

Did it with kids and dogs. Beautiful!

Phenomenal view. Not much to look at for most of the hike but the summit was worth it. Would have given more stars if more demanding or better views. Will do this hike again when I'm back in Western Carolina.

Fantastic trail that is definitely more moderate than difficult. A little muddy throughout, and rocky towards the top, but beautiful views and a very nice trail with lots of tree coverage. My favorite hike in nc by far

Beautiful

awesome time, I climbed it 3 times today. would not recommend foi the faint at heart...

Very beautiful and wonderful view the whole way up

Looking Glass is the perfect day hike, offering spectacular views. I recommend getting an early start because the trail can get a little crowded year round in the afternoons.

Awesome trail; exactly what I want when hiking. It is a bit strenuous going up to the lookout, but my 10 and 12 year old made it no problem. Lots of rocks and roots; definitely want good hiking shoes as that presents lots of opportunities for twisted ankles. The view at the top is amazing and so worth the hike up. Make sure you pack a warmer jacket. The further up you get the colder it gets and it is quite breezy at the top. We got rained on, so we were freezing by the time we got up, which didn't really allow us to enjoy the view as much as we had hoped for.
Heads up! Looking Glass Falls is not along this trail! It is a little further up the road, right on the road, actually.