Looking Glass Rock Trail

Looking Glass Rock Trail is a 5.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Brevard, North Carolina that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Directions from Brevard, NC: Travel US 276 northwest for approximately 5 miles, then turn left (toward the Pisgah Center for Wildlife Education) just before Looking Glass Falls. The Looking Glass Rock Trailhead will be on the right.

Trail is definitely longer than 5.3. more like 6.5 or so miles. The view at the end is worth it.

sweet views at the top. really enjoyed this trail, its a good workout but not long enough to be too challenging tho.

Even in winter, amazing views once you reach the end! Make plenty of time to sit up top and enjoy things.

It was a hard climb, but worth it once you get to the top. A lot of ice still on the trail, so be careful.

Looking Glass trail is a great challenging hike, however you don't get any great views, except on the trail. We made it to the top, had it not been winter one would not have been able to see the surrounding mountains. Plus we met many hikers on the trail, good to see people taking advantage!

Great view at the top enjoyed the climb

Spectacular views at the top! Well worth the climb!

My wife and I have now hiked this trail twice in the past few months, and 3 times since we moved to Ashevillle back in 2011. Not too strenuous, and as already mentioned a great view at the top. It was a little muddy in several spots, I assume residual wetness from the snow we got a couple of weeks back.

Mapmyride indicated that this was 7.5 miles round trip, and that seems legit as it was about 1.5 hours to the top, and that speed is consistent with what my wife and I have done in the past for an uphill hike like this.

lots of switchbacks helping to keep the trail not too steep. All in all , a very good workout.

Hiked this trail with my 10 year old yesterday and we absolutely loved it! She said it was her favorite so far. Still pretty icy from the snow, but gorgeous view at the top and not as difficult as I expected. Will definitely do this one again soon!

Trail was muddy and had some packed snow and slick icy spots glad I brought a trekking pole along. Some spectacular views at the top.

The hike up is not near as hard as people say. The “suck” is that there’s no water source up top - which translates to a heavy backpack. I camped over night on top and it was a wonderful experience. Do watch your step when on the rock face. One slip on a frosty morning and you could become splatter at the base of the mountain.

Not as difficult as it may say, but the view at the top is awesome. I would recommend going in Sept or Oct to see the colors of fall.

Hiked it twice in the past couple months. Not too hard but definitely not easy. Takes about an hour and a half to hike up for those who prefer a slower pace

Hiked with the family today! Fun, yet challenging- I highly recommend this hike.

Rehired today great fall views. One of the better hikes in Pisgah forest

Very nice trail, excellent shade, nice views along the way, and a stunning view once you reach the top. A must do.

Best summit view I’ve seen yet! Awesome hike!

Winding Rocky and rutted like all Pisgah back country trails which in my opinion makes them the best with plenty of switchbacks to cut down the steepness beautiful hike in the land of waterfalls would highly recommend it⛰

First time back on a mountain since August and it was absolutely brutal but very well worth the view in the end