Little Tennessee River Greenway

Little Tennessee River Greenway is a 6.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Franklin, North Carolina that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is not a hike but a lovely community greenway. We parked at the trail head (I believe) and my 6 and 4 year olds had a blast. There are restrooms, playgrounds, and a small splash pad. Greenway had a walking picture book that my boys had a lot of fun with. Paved trail goes along river and had blackberry bushes and beaver dams (so cool!). No waterfalls, not a hike, but a well-used urban greenway.

This is a paved trail in and near downtown Franklin with multiple points of access. It is great asset to the community that offers access to fishing, wildlife, a view of the Little Tennessee River, dog park, and 2 playgrounds. For those seeking a little solitude head to the southernmost section adjacent to Cartoogechaye Creek. Sorry, NO waterfall!

It’s a paved greenway near a river for running, biking, walking, or playing. The one mile section has a small park for the kids and a dog park but be careful crossing the road during our construction time going the other direction.

Just a paved Greenway. Fine place for locals to get exercise, nothing for sight seeing. Don't drive to Franklin just to see this.

That's right folks, no waterfalls. Except for an industrial pipe with water coming out of it.

Great for a quick walk in Franklin, nicely maintained, but no waterfalls!

There is no waterfall on this trail. Very misleading description. It has a nice paved walkway along the river and play areas for kids but NO WATERFALL, which is why I chose this trail. We wandered around looking for the waterfall for 30 minutes until a local informed us that there are no waterfalls off the greenway. The pictures posted here are not from this trail.

Saturday, June 17, 2017

This description is very misleading! We drove 3 hours to get here and this is a paved trail! It is a greenway in the middle of downtown Franklin, NC.

Saturday, March 04, 2017

We didn't do the entire trail because we were tired from an earlier walk. There are many different entrance points for this trail. We started at the beginning, but there were many stops along where more people joined - I'm assuming mostly locals.

Thursday, April 30, 2015

I cannot possibly describe it.. it is just beautiful!! the whole area and small trails, I think you can hike here your entire life and find a new trail and something gorgeous waiting for you. They were all easy trails... I am out of shape for my standard and yet I did 20 miles in one breath.

Friday, July 21, 2017