Little Green Mountain and Schoolhouse Falls Trails

Little Green Mountain and Schoolhouse Falls Trails is a 5.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Glenville, North Carolina that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

fly fishing

rock climbing

Off the beaten path trail with views and waterfalls.

Good hike to schoolhouse falls, there are two muddy portions, expect your hiking shoes to get dirty. I'd recommend going the extra half mile from schoolhouse falls to the top of green mountain for a great view. To the top of green mountain and back to the trailhead is 4 miles. My 11 year old daughter did the hike no problem. The falls makes a good swimming spot. Enjoy!

Can you hunt small game?

Great hike, and worth the view from the top.

One of my favorites :) Hiking up to Little Green Mountain isn't always easy but SO worth it!

amazing

I wouldn't have really considered this to be that difficult of a hike depending on which way you go. But if you hike to just the falls it's easy. The falls was the best thing honestly.

Absolutely my favorite place to hike!
There are plenty of trails to explore here. I do recommend bringing some trail markers, because not all the trails are marked and it is sometimes difficult to find the way back.

Sunday, August 07, 2016

Monday, January 18, 2016

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Saturday, October 31, 2015

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Huge variety of trial types, from mountain top views, waterfalls, and trail difficulty. The many trails offer you the ability to combo them to custom your hiking experience. The trails are also marked at the beginning of the trail ends with numbers that make navigation easy as long as you have a map. No maps are offered at trail head in parking lot so we had to take a picture with our phones.

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

I love this place. This was the first time I've been there when it was warm. We usually go in November. Can't wait to go back

Saturday, July 25, 2015

This hike has a little bit of everything. I really love the variety of this hike and all the paths off the trail that you are able to take. Print out a copy or save the PDF of the trail on your phone, it is easy to get lost.

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Know how to read a map and go early, if you don't intend to camp. Then enjoy all you see and discover!!