Little Bradley Falls Trail

Little Bradley Falls Trail is a 1.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Saluda, North Carolina that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

A nice stream side hike under a canopy of trees, old ruins and a 50 ft waterfall From the trail head, take the upper trail heading south. There are no signs indicating that this trail will go to Little Bradley Falls. After a very short distance, you will approach a Y in the trail. Keep right while keeping Bradley Creek to your right side. About 1/2 mile in you will cross a stream. Follow the stream into Bradley Creek and cross the creek at this location. After crossing the Bradley Creek you should be able to pick up a trail that heads south on the west side of the creek. All ways keep Bradley Creek to your left if you get disorientated. After about 20 minutes from the creek crossing there will be some old chimney ruins to your left. Stay on the trail until it dead ends into Little Bradley Falls 10 minutes further down the trail. This is one of the most beautiful waterfalls in this part of North Carolina. Back track out to get back to the parking lot.

WOW. This is a good one! Due to recent flooding the trail is a little washed out(ok it's blown out in a place or two) but if you just take a few extra steps and keep going... it's really worth it. Be aware that there are a few trails around that go in different directions so make sure you pick the right trailhead.

If you don’t want to hike and just relax, take the hike on the opposite side of the road. It’s a 0.3 mile hike and you will reach a really beautiful cove where u can go in the water and relax.
The hike is really nice. You get to cross the river on multiple occasions. The trail has some obstacles which makes it a little interesting. However, the waterfall at the end is wonderful and you can actually climb above the waterfall to go under the falling water. The pond under the waterfall is not deep and you can go in and enjoy.
However, while hiking keep an eye on the marking. We forgot to take a turn and kept going on another unmarked and damaged trail before we realized that we were not on the actual trail and had to come back.

Trees down, water was way up. The road bridge crossing the street where the trail begins has been washed out and rebuilt and is now gravel. Mud slides have damaged the trail. It was an interesting hike with a multi tiered waterfall as the payoff. You do get wet, I believe, due to the water being up.

Jun 10th - recent storms trashed to pathway. Major damage to trial and surrounding area. In some areas the trial was completely gone and in most areas exposed tree roots that you show could easily fit under. River crossing was interesting too. You needed to be very creative to cross without get wet. If I was thinking about this hike I would consider waiting.

WARNING LITTLE BRADLEY FALLS IS NOT ACCESSIBLE AS OF 5/23/18!

I rated 5 stars because I know that once I actually get to hike this trail, it will be awesome. Unfortunately, I woke up this morning and got my hopes up to hike this trail only to drive an hour and not be able to get through due to washed out bridges and roads. They have the roads blocked off. We drove another hour trying to find another way to the trail, but there is no other way. We asked the men working on the roads and they said there are two ways to get to the falls but that they are both closed. I asked how long it would be and the guy could not give me an estimate, but it ensured me it was going to be a little while. Maybe I’ll try again in a month or so. I hope this review saves some people the trip.

I loved the falls the hike was more difficult then moderate lot of downed trees and trail is washed out at one point we had to climb over a bunch of rocks. The water crossings were great in my opinion I love water and it wasn't deep. I suggest the Forest Service do a little maintenance maybe a footbridge over the washed out spot.

Beautiful, easy little hike that ends in a gorgeous little waterfall. Makes for a perfect day of hiking in the summer. Kid and dog friendly. Awesome to take a hammock and let the kids play in the water at the end of the hike and just relax.

PAY ATTENTION!!! There are TWO parking areas with two trailheads! The trailhead that has all the signage and WARNINGS is NOT the trailhead that you want if you want to go to the waterfalls.
TO THE FALLS! Right across the street and about 50 feet up the road is the trailhead for Little Bradley Falls. Once you have found the right trailhead the guesswork is not over. A few people coming down the mountain told me They never saw the falls. Of course I was confused and frustrated because my goal was to get to a waterfall. The next set of hikers that we’re coming down we’re group of men I asked them if they saw the waterfall? They said yes but if you don’t stay right where the trail splits you missed the falls.
here’s the thing, the trail splits more than once. The best way that I know to describe it is there is a tree across the path and this tree is actually partially buried into the dirt. You will cross other trees that you have to climb over or crawl under but this tree is just across the path and is only raised up out of the dirt about 6 inches or so. this is where the fork is.
DONT MISS THE FORK! When you see the tree that is laying flat across the trail stay right. If you look around you’ll see some faint red paint marked on the trees they are easy to miss if you’re not looking. It’s at this point you’ll go down a very short embankment and cross over stream. Most people can rock hop hanging onto branches and whatnot as you cross.! Once you’re on this part of the trail it’s a wonderful beautiful hike to the falls. You will have to climb over some boulders that block the trail just go slow it you should be fine.

So much fun!

Hiked with teenaged son and daughter. Very enjoyable. Stream crossings were not too bad but if the water was a little higher you would get wet. Enjoyed hanging out by the falls. Lovely way to spend a couple of hours. Wish it had been a little longer but it was a nice walk. Looks like trail has been recently remarked with red dots so it was easy to follow

I would put 5 stars but 4 stars. Three reasons are

1-At beginning of the trail from the road, take LEFT trail to hike uphill. At the fork before the fallen tree on left side and creek on right side, take RIGHT trail toward the creek.
2-you will need to walk across the creek three times. At first two times you choose to walk through the creek or hop the rocks if the water is low. At third time, no problem since the water is low.
3- the level should be difficult because of many fallen trees, rocks to walk across, and narrow trail and can be easily to slip and fall down the hills.

So be careful to hike there but it is WORTH to visit there.

Awesome falls! A few obstacles and a couple of creeks to cross but not bad.

Short trail with big payoff. That little Bradley falls is absolutely amazing.

Great hike

We got so lost and took the wrong trail at the marked trailhead, the one that warns about steep drops and death (seriously). The correct trail, which we found when leaving and decided to stay, is across the street on an unmarked trail. There are two paths - one below that runs along the creek and the one above to the left. Go left. There are a couple stream crossing, a boulder field and the chimney ruins. The falls are awesome and the trail is eventually marked with red. Totally worth all the getting lost!

Beautiful waterfall! We initially started on the trail to Big Bradley Falls but realized we were on the wrong trail (since we were using the app). We crossed the road and found the trail head (unmarked) to Little Bradley Falls. You have to cross the stream 2x and there are not enough rocks to hop across. (I fell in during the second crossing and my shoe floated away). Definitely planning on coming back in the summer.

Nice hike. Fairly easy creek crossings. Some minor obstacles.

Very nice hike through the woods to a beautiful waterfall/

Really enjoyable hike, beautiful waterfall with a great swimming hole for the hot days.

A good afternoon hike with my pup! I ran into two other parties and was able to get a great workout in, all while taking in the numerous waterfalls.

really great fall with swimming hole.

Awesome! One of my favorite waterfall hikes.

Moderate hike with beautiful falls at the end. Heavily trafficked in the summer.

Loved the falls and the hike was great.

My favorite trail so far, has some fun obstacles and stream crossings but not too far to enjoy on limited time. The falls themselves are very pretty and my dogs have a blast playing in the pool at the bottom.

This trail is definitely NOT easy! I would rate it Moderate with some Hard spots. Steep rock climb and two stream crossings that require wading are on your path (I uploaded pictures). But waterfall at end is worth it. Bring hand towel to dry feet!

Good paths, liked in/Out. No placard at trailhead though. pristine nature, virtually no debris. Bring or acquire walking stick. Family enjoyed the water crossings. Perfect 3 hour adventure for the novice hiker. Most beautiful waterfall!

Was able to do with another family but got lost on the way. Want to do it again to better judge experience.

Loved it! The trail is mostly flattened mud/dirt with less than 10 "obstacles" (downed trees, water crossings with large rocks). 2 of the water crossings are guaranteed to soak your shoes. Took the dog who had a blast.

Great view of the falls