Laurel Loop Trail

Laurel Loop Trail is a 7.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Troutman, North Carolina that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

Absolutely loved this trail (I tried to record it for the app, but my cell service was spotty at best and I couldn't get it initiated). I was looking for a good trail run around Lake Norman that wasn't quite so populated so I hit this about 7am on a Sunday morning and it was PERFECT. When I got there the trail was "closed" from the weather, but I decided to risk it and run anyway (shhh, don't tell anyone!) I was unsure about it being a shared hiking/mountain bike trail but that turned out to be a huge plus. The obstacles and terrain features were a fun addition. The elevation changes were frequently up and down with being too extreme. The scenery was amazing! I jumped a few deer, the mist on the water deserved to be framed, and the early morning sunlight coming through the trees was transcendental. I'm from out of town but if I am ever back, this will be a must do. 5/7 would recommend ;)

This trail makes for a great hike!

biking it's the best

Wednesday, July 06, 2016

Usually used by bikers, nonetheless had great time hiking

Tuesday, January 01, 2013

This trail has grown in length and difficulty over the years . To me , it is very challenging , but also very fun .