Latta Plantation Trail

Latta Plantation Trail is a 5.4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Huntersville, North Carolina that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great trails with lots of shade!

The trail is a combination of gravel, tennis size rocks and earth. Mostly shaded. Bring bug spray. Lake views.

Great place to go run trails. I did the hill trail and tacked on the cove trail for 5.5 miles. Got a little turned around coming back but hard to get really lost. Mostly there is tree cover but be aware there’s no tree cover for a good portion of the hill trail!

Hiked this trail on New Year’s Day. The temp was in the low thirties, and we hardly saw any one else out there. Not challenging with regards to hills, but ground leaf cover did hide many loose baseball sized rocks that made me keep eyes down for stretches. Lake was beautiful, the woods were quiet and peaceful. We will go back in the spring to see how the park changes. GPS measured the hike at 5.5 miles.

This is the perfect thanksgiving day walk location it's easy and along the lake. If you're looking for a local place to get outside this is nice but it is not a great hiking place. Very popular. Not challenging. gravel paths

There are several trials here. I chose Hill trial and it is good for jogging. Worth trying

Easy trail for all levels. Be sure to take the second loop that runs along the lake.

nice wooded trail near my house. nothing too strenuous. great for trail running.

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Great trails! if you're looking for 10,000 steps in one day you found it.

Thursday, March 23, 2017

Gorgeous view, nice walking trails.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

great trail and wonderful views!

Wednesday, March 08, 2017

Fantastic place to relax.

Sunday, March 05, 2017

There are many different trails to do here, we did the advertised track. The hill trail portion of this is meh, but the cove and split rock portions were great. lots of rocks, but very fun and nice along the lake. Watch out for horse poop.

Thursday, January 12, 2017

Great trail with beautiful lake...within Charlotte...love it !

Friday, December 30, 2016

Outstanding way to spend the afternoon!
I have not been here in years, and forgot how awesome this is so close to the city!!!
YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED FOR SURE

We took Hill Trail, Cove Trail, Split Rock Trail, Piedmont Prairie Trail, & Hill Trail for a total of 7miles almost to the step! (ignore the fact that I stopped recording my hike for a few hundred steps...)

It was really a great day, hiking boots are smart out on the "Cove Trail" as the current leaf cover makes the rocks (and there are plenty of rocks) very hard to see.

The trail BLAZE are worn out in some places, but there is not mystery where the trail is really.

Monday, December 05, 2016

The thing I miss most about Charlotte is my Sunday long run at Latta. So beautiful, and easy to loose track of time. I miss training here as a Charlotte 49er cross country running. The gravel trails make a satisfying crunchy sound, which helped me find a good rythym, and made the trails runnable in the snow. You could easily choose a route with various difficulty. Came out and canoed once too. Love it here.

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

This is part of the extensive Latta Plantation Nature Preserve trail system. Parking next to the nature center, I took the Hill Trail almost out to its end. I then returned by including the Cove and Split Rock Trails. The Hill Trail is wide and is often shared with horses from the equestrian center. The Cove Trail loops through the woods, getting you close to the lake in several places. The trail is filled with small rocks. I had to be careful with all the leaves on the ground. The split Rock Trail also gets you close to the water, and is not nearly as rocky. I really enjoyed the combination of trails on a beautiful fall day.

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Really rocky, tons of spiders, guaranteed to sprain 4 ankles in your party of 2

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Did Hill and Cove trails, nice wide trails

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

We went this weekend we loved it especially my hubby &son they enjoy fishing and being in the water.!hopefully we can go next time and get a horse ride.!I just wish they was a lil more area so the kids can swim other then that it was great. !!

Monday, May 30, 2016

1st time and me and the dog will be back

Monday, May 09, 2016

My son and I enjoyed this trail on Mother's Day. It was fun for us both!

Wednesday, May 04, 2016

It was a fun easy trail. Good for days when you don't have a lot of time to hike but just want to get out in nature for a bit.

Friday, April 08, 2016

Great for trail running!!

Sunday, February 28, 2016

It was fun! Good hike for a beginner, not to challenging and not to easy. There are great views of the the water with a couple of access points. It is still winter so not a lot of foliage, so more of a spring thru fall if you want more to look at.

Friday, February 26, 2016

Nice trail for year round hiking.

Monday, November 09, 2015

Each time I visit this trail I see something new. The trail is quiet most week days if you steer clear of the north side near the lake. Accessibility to other park trails, nature center and activities is excellent!

Friday, October 23, 2015

Been hanging out at this park for years. Participating in every activity possible in one way or the other and they have them all. The trails are average but the park makes up for it. Worth the trip if your a local.

Thursday, May 22, 2014

I am not a fan of equal parts hiking/horse trails, but I did know in advance. Once you get off the horse trails it is lovely.

Monday, November 25, 2013

The trails are great, view is awesome and they have a lot of family friendly activities right near the park. You can go the raptors center or go horse back riding. The trails are also dog friendly but leashes are required!! Still a great day trip for anyone!