Latta Plantation Trail

Latta Plantation Trail is a 5.4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Huntersville, North Carolina that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is the perfect thanksgiving day walk location it's easy and along the lake. If you're looking for a local place to get outside this is nice but it is not a great hiking place. Very popular. Not challenging. gravel paths

There are several trials here. I chose Hill trial and it is good for jogging. Worth trying

Easy trail for all levels. Be sure to take the second loop that runs along the lake.

nice wooded trail near my house. nothing too strenuous. great for trail running.

Great trails! if you're looking for 10,000 steps in one day you found it.

Gorgeous view, nice walking trails.

great trail and wonderful views!

Fantastic place to relax.

There are many different trails to do here, we did the advertised track. The hill trail portion of this is meh, but the cove and split rock portions were great. lots of rocks, but very fun and nice along the lake. Watch out for horse poop.

Great trail with beautiful lake...within Charlotte...love it !

Outstanding way to spend the afternoon!
I have not been here in years, and forgot how awesome this is so close to the city!!!
YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED FOR SURE

We took Hill Trail, Cove Trail, Split Rock Trail, Piedmont Prairie Trail, & Hill Trail for a total of 7miles almost to the step! (ignore the fact that I stopped recording my hike for a few hundred steps...)

It was really a great day, hiking boots are smart out on the "Cove Trail" as the current leaf cover makes the rocks (and there are plenty of rocks) very hard to see.

The trail BLAZE are worn out in some places, but there is not mystery where the trail is really.

Monday, December 05, 2016

The thing I miss most about Charlotte is my Sunday long run at Latta. So beautiful, and easy to loose track of time. I miss training here as a Charlotte 49er cross country running. The gravel trails make a satisfying crunchy sound, which helped me find a good rythym, and made the trails runnable in the snow. You could easily choose a route with various difficulty. Came out and canoed once too. Love it here.

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

This is part of the extensive Latta Plantation Nature Preserve trail system. Parking next to the nature center, I took the Hill Trail almost out to its end. I then returned by including the Cove and Split Rock Trails. The Hill Trail is wide and is often shared with horses from the equestrian center. The Cove Trail loops through the woods, getting you close to the lake in several places. The trail is filled with small rocks. I had to be careful with all the leaves on the ground. The split Rock Trail also gets you close to the water, and is not nearly as rocky. I really enjoyed the combination of trails on a beautiful fall day.

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Really rocky, tons of spiders, guaranteed to sprain 4 ankles in your party of 2

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Did Hill and Cove trails, nice wide trails

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

We went this weekend we loved it especially my hubby &son they enjoy fishing and being in the water.!hopefully we can go next time and get a horse ride.!I just wish they was a lil more area so the kids can swim other then that it was great. !!

Monday, May 09, 2016

My son and I enjoyed this trail on Mother's Day. It was fun for us both!

Wednesday, May 04, 2016

It was a fun easy trail. Good for days when you don't have a lot of time to hike but just want to get out in nature for a bit.

Friday, April 08, 2016

Great for trail running!!

Sunday, February 28, 2016

It was fun! Good hike for a beginner, not to challenging and not to easy. There are great views of the the water with a couple of access points. It is still winter so not a lot of foliage, so more of a spring thru fall if you want more to look at.