Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Latham-Whitehurst Nature Park

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(45)
New Bern, North Carolina

Latham-Whitehurst Nature Park is a 1.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near New Bern, North Carolina that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until December. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.5 miles Elevation Gain: 9 feet Route Type: Loop

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

NOTE: Users have reported that the section of trail leading to the river has a bridge that is out.

my fiance and I went here the other day and it was magical. some parts of it were like a jungle, and some were like a faery forest. we will definitely be back. our dog is also very small but had no issues on the trails.

Great trail, completed it pretty quickly (30 mins). Only complaint is finding a tick on me when we got home. Obviously can happen anywhere, but I remember seeing a few signs when walking into the hike. Make sure to check when you leave!

Great little hike. Well maintained. It was a beautiful day to hike.

I absolutely loved this place. Perfect for hiking, fishing, biking, birding and dog walking.

Very well marked trail with a lot of loops. The boardwalk was great.

Wide path and rebuilt dock. Easy and relaxing path with several cuts in between the main loop.

private property

Don’t follow AllTrails GPS because it will take you to a “no trespassing” private property. Type in the park and you’ll be fine. Nice park!

bridge out

Always beautiful...one bridge out on the orange loop. Can navigate around with a little effort if it stays dry; may sink in the mud in wet conditions. Otherwise fantastic.

Mon Apr 15 2019

Tons of fun with the family

Thu Mar 28 2019

Wonderful hike, can make it short or long with different trails. Took my two young children and we loved it. Well taken care of trails .

bridge out
Sun Mar 17 2019

Hiked with my 4 year old today. Trail was nice and dry, beautiful day to walk. The dark blue section (that branches off the main trail closest to the water) has a bridge out and I didn’t see a way around. Otherwise nice, several forks where you can take different trails that all end up looping back together. Nothing really long but you could get a few miles in depending on how many of the trails you take. Very quiet peaceful area that I feel safe in.

Sun Feb 17 2019

Nice relaxing loop. A little wet and muddy from recent rains but easy to navigate around . Bridge still out on the back end of what i think was the orange trail section.

Wed Jan 16 2019

nice clean easy restful walk.

Wed Jan 02 2019

Very easy trail but was pretty muddy and hurricane Florence effects are still apparent with certain paths impassable. But we enjoyed it. A very nice boardwalk. Also nice to have benches and toilets there.

Sat Jul 21 2018

Super easy with nice woodland scenery

Sat Jun 09 2018

We took our grandchildren on this hike....We had a picnic also.. the kids loved it and so did we!!

Sun Apr 15 2018

Nice easy trail near where I live so it was a nice find on the app. Flat terrain except for a few tree roots exposed on a few of the trail routes. A few of the trails had a few puddles from the rain the day before but nice none the less. Highly recommend for a nice quiet hike with a group or just alone as I did it.

Sat Feb 03 2018

Easy, quiet, nature walk with pretty views of natural habitat and creek.

Sat Nov 04 2017

This is a very easy loop trail for hikers, naturists, bird watchers, dogs and kids of all ages. There are several different routes to take around this park with the longest being approximately 2 miles, that is if you follow around the outer perimeter of this park. There is little to no elevation change while venturing through the trails making it extremely easy to navigate. This trail is easily accessible and family friendly, which I would recommend for all adventurists and beginners!