Lake Brandt Greenway - Palmetto Trail

Lake Brandt Greenway - Palmetto Trail is a 2.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Greensboro, North Carolina and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and road biking and is accessible year-round.

The portion of this loop when you are supposed to make a right-hand turn after you cross over the water which is called the Palmetto trail is closed due to construction, today is June 10, 2017

Great for walking our GSD. Can't wait to see it in spring and fall.

great views and easy to find

Great trail - very kid friendly

Great trail, for even waking up in the morning ...
I live in the neighborhood & have for 9 years. I never knew the full trail or many others close by before downloading this app ~ It's Great !

Sunday, June 05, 2016

great trail near the water. I did partial as my foot is healing but it was a mix of easy and medium.

Sunday, May 01, 2016

Sunday, April 03, 2016

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Saturday, June 06, 2015

beware of ticks in spring/early summer

Monday, August 04, 2014

Really awesome trails, right near Lake Brandt which has Kayak rentals, and a really neat little island you can paddle out too. Another trail I haven't done in years, for sure on my to-do list when I'm back in NC!

Saturday, July 05, 2014

A great runninng trail, not 7 miles though. More like 1.60 miles, I believe one way and 3.20 total. Would deffinitely recommend this trail for both runners and walkers alike.

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Monday, September 19, 2011

I took my 16 year old son with me and we hiked North on Palmetto Trail from the Old Battleground parking area. I wasn't sure how energetic he would be so we cut east on the A&Y Greenway and crossed the beautiful bridge over Lake Brandt and cut South on the Nat Greene Trail back to the parking area. It was a shorter hike than I am used to, but it was a nice loop that did not bore my son.