Lake Brandt Greenway - Palmetto Trail

Lake Brandt Greenway - Palmetto Trail is a 2.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Greensboro, North Carolina that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and road biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Took the walk today after a huge rain (what's new in NC?) last night. It was wet but passable with good shoes. I saw plenty of people give it up and go for the greenway but there were others that made it through. It was frigid cold wind today and I could hear limbs snapping in the trees, but I made it through safe and sound.

Had a great photo hike with my wife. The trail was clear but had much debris from recent storms in the form of downed trees. The paths were clear though.

This is a super easy trail, relatively flat and not too rooty, but still quite nice. it is rare to come across many people in the leg past the bridge. You are also along the banks of Lake Brandt almost the entire time so you have a nice cool breeze in sumer. Plenty of wildlife, herons and gulls in the lake, an occasional snake, and deer tend to hang out in the area a lot as well.

Sometimes hard to find parking at the trail head. The lot is very tiny. I like this trail because you can loop rather than going out and back.

Like the trail but there is no parking! Enough spaces for 5 people to park? Have gone 3 times and never been able to get a park there. Always end up risking it and parking in one of the neighborhoods near them.

Saturday, June 10, 2017

The portion of this loop when you are supposed to make a right-hand turn after you cross over the water which is called the Palmetto trail is closed due to construction, today is June 10, 2017

Saturday, February 18, 2017

Great for walking our GSD. Can't wait to see it in spring and fall.

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

great views and easy to find

Monday, September 05, 2016

Great trail - very kid friendly

Monday, September 05, 2016

Great trail, for even waking up in the morning ...
I live in the neighborhood & have for 9 years. I never knew the full trail or many others close by before downloading this app ~ It's Great !

Sunday, June 05, 2016

great trail near the water. I did partial as my foot is healing but it was a mix of easy and medium.

Saturday, June 06, 2015

beware of ticks in spring/early summer

Monday, August 04, 2014

Really awesome trails, right near Lake Brandt which has Kayak rentals, and a really neat little island you can paddle out too. Another trail I haven't done in years, for sure on my to-do list when I'm back in NC!

Saturday, July 05, 2014

A great runninng trail, not 7 miles though. More like 1.60 miles, I believe one way and 3.20 total. Would deffinitely recommend this trail for both runners and walkers alike.

Monday, September 19, 2011

I took my 16 year old son with me and we hiked North on Palmetto Trail from the Old Battleground parking area. I wasn't sure how energetic he would be so we cut east on the A&Y Greenway and crossed the beautiful bridge over Lake Brandt and cut South on the Nat Greene Trail back to the parking area. It was a shorter hike than I am used to, but it was a nice loop that did not bore my son.

Monday, October 30, 2017