Jordan Lake Educational State Forest

Jordan Lake Educational State Forest is a 1.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Apex, North Carolina that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

paddle sports

Jordan Lake State Recreation Area located south of Cary and Apex, North Carolina features a 14,000 acre lake and numerous activities, including hiking, boating, and camping from several access points. With almost 14,000 acres of water, all this and more is at Jordan Lake. The NC Division of Parks and Recreation operates nine recreation areas on the lake -- Crosswinds Campground, Ebenezer Church, Parker's Creek, Poplar Point, Seaforth, Vista Point, Robeson Creek, New Hope Overlook, and White Oak Recreation Area. Whether you're looking for fun in the sun or an evening under the stars, Jordan Lake offers it all.

A little disappointed about the longest trail (I followed the signs that simply said "trail"). Wide and well kept forest trail, but I had expected to actually see the lake and get to the water. Only a distant peek at the water now and then, no direct access to the lake (I had a 3 yr old in tow who was not in for detours). No one on the trail on a Thursday morning.

Saturday, December 31, 2016

There are 4 trails with 3 of them being pretty short. We didn't know all the choices and so we ended up doing the three short ones and with walking in from the road that was 2.7 miles. The demonstration trail is listed at 2 miles and we will start with that one next time. We enjoyed all the short trails but liked the wildlife trail best. One of the trails was a little muddy. The trails are flat and easy to hike.

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Nice wide open, easy to follow trails.

Friday, July 08, 2016

had a great time!

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

best trail near my home.

Sunday, August 23, 2015

My wife and I enjoy this trail as a regular go-to for a quick hike. We generally get in between 2.5 and 4 miles depending on the loops we do and, oddly enough, the level of the lake. The trail, for practical purposes, is flat. Our trail recorder showed a total elevation change of 45 feet.

Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Took my 9 year old out on the Ebenezer Church trail, which is about 1 mile more or less. It was a warm sunny day and we had the whole area pretty much to ourselves. Nice peaceful basically flat trail that runs near the site of the old church. Nice for beginners.

paddle sports
Monday, March 11, 2013

A nice March paddle with relatively heavy winds. Clean and peaceful. I'll be back.

Thursday, July 05, 2012

Jordan Lake has some nice flat-land hiking.
Although the AllTrails site says that there is Mountain Biking, there is none here. From the official park web site: "bicycles are not permitted on any trails at Jordan Lake State Recreation Area".

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Actually only completed a tiny portion at Area A - New Hope Overlook.

recorded Track - Mar 26, 02:03 PM