Island Creek Forest Walk Trail

Island Creek Forest Walk Trail is a 3.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Pollocksville, North Carolina that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

The NNW portion of the “described” trail started to get really thick and completely disappeared at times. I found myself trudging through semi-thick brush trying to find the unmarked trails of the area. I also walked up on a few tree stands which kinda worried me as well, just knowing that hunters are in the area. The official marked trail is only about 1/2 mile loop but there are a few other trails that venture off beyond the trail. If you want to hike this trail I would highly recommend that you plan an early trip, because if you venture off the main trail you may find yourself hiking in the dark like me and my family! If this trail were to be extended and marked off better I would definitely give it a higher ranking, love the large creek that’s along the trail.

There are really two trails here. A shorter one if you stay on the small inner loop, and a larger 4 mile remote trek if you can navigate its scarce markers. Gentle slopes in some places, but mostly flat throughout. I will definitely hike this again.

Very pretty but would not do it again. The trail is poorly marked. Worth doing once though.

Lovely trail, but had to turn around because of the mosquitoes. bring bug spray and plenty of water.

Easy enough hike. Not well marked in the second stage so you have to keep your eyes open for where the trail actually goes. We ended up in what we think was a deer trail towards the end. Beautiful scenery.

Amazing trail, there was so much life to see during this walk. I only wish it were longer.

alot of cotton mouth snakes